Author Topic: error message Win 8  (Read 5745 times)

Offline peterr

• View Profile
error message Win 8
« on: December 28, 2012, 11:56:02 am »
Hello
I have enclosed a prntscrn of the Dell history report which indicates on three occasions the reg backup seems to have issues. Is this because unlike Win 7  the reg backup is not the first thing I see. The first thing I see is a green screen with Win 8 . I then click on it and it takes me to a login in screen; if I go to desktop, I see the backup taking place.
It is probably working in the background because I do see that the backups are recorded successfully.
Could you tell me how to work around this and avoid these critical errors, or if there is anything I should have to do at all?
Thank you
Peter

Offline Shane

• Administrator
  • "Knowledge should be shared not hidden."
    • View Profile
Re: error message Win 8
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2012, 12:12:15 pm »
I am actually working with 2 others on another thread about this.

The backups finish but for some reason when the program is closing itself after the backup it will randomly crash. I am trying to pinpoint what is causing the crash. The backups are finishing, so thats a good thing. It is happening when the program is closing itself.

Shane

Offline peterr

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2012, 03:14:54 pm »
OK Shane, as long as you know about this I am good with it as I know you will figure it out.
Should we be doing anything in the mean time like suspending the program for the sake of the pc or just continue as is?
Peter

Offline Shane

• Administrator
  • "Knowledge should be shared not hidden."
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2012, 03:59:35 pm »
Program is still fine to use. It still gets the backups done. It is just crashing randomly when it closes itself.

Shane