Author Topic: Windows Update error  (Read 6785 times)

Offline geonaute

• View Profile
Windows Update error
« on: January 15, 2013, 04:21:32 am »
Hello,

iĀ“tried almost everything your tool, microsoft support center, etc.. But i wasnt able to solve this error when trying update windows.

Erro: "WindowsUpdate_80073701" "WindowsUpdate_dt000"

My system: Windows 7 Ultimate x64

Can you help me?

Offline Shane

• Administrator
  • "Knowledge should be shared not hidden."
    • View Profile
Re: Windows Update error
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2013, 02:59:33 pm »
When do you get this error? Do you get it when it is looking for updates or do you get it when it is trying to install the updates?

Shane

Offline geonaute

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2013, 04:21:28 pm »
Tank you very much for the quick reply, the error was when i tried to update and when the windows tried to in the automatic updates,  but i already sove the problem that is created by a language pack problem, and it can be fixed by doing this steps:

1 -  Go here http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows/language-packs#lptabs=win7 and download the suitable Language Pack for you ( Dont forget to see if your system uses x86 or x64 and choose the suitable Language Pack for your machine.

2- Execute the Language Pack in your C: drive ( Where the OS is installed ) and when you start the instalation a file called "lp.cab" Be aware that is created in the same place you have the Language Pack file and it is a temporary creation so you have to rigth click in it very quick and copy it to another location in your drive. I recommend just grab send it to the desktop or something.

3- After the file is copied go to Start/control Panel/region and language

4- Select the tab "Keyboards and Languages​​" / install and uninstall languages ​​- forward - and then "install display languages​​"

5- Click "search on computers or network" and "search" navigate to the location where you saved the downloaded lp.cab the link above and "next"

6- After the instalation just restart the machine and make the update.

:smiley:

Offline Shane

• Administrator
  • "Knowledge should be shared not hidden."
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2013, 07:35:14 pm »
Great :-)

Do me a fav. IN the forum I have a section called "User Submitted Tweaks & Guides"

Make a new thread there and call it "How to Repair Windows Update Error 80073701" and then copy and paste your fix.

This will be great help for others who have this problem :-)

Shane