Author Topic: Windows Repair (the latest version) stops during system file check  (Read 10163 times)

Offline Michael

• View Profile
Hi Shane, first off thank you for the great programs. They are life savers. When running system file check it stops at 16% and says that there are corrupt system files that could not be repaired. I've tried reading the CBS file but can't make heads or tails of it. I am running Windows 7 Pro with all the current updates, 8gb ram, Intel i7 processor, 1tb hard drive and 1.5gb Nvidia video.
Also, is it possible to figure out what the corrupted files are and how would one go about replacing them. I've attached the CBS file should you want it. It's not very long.
Again, thank you for all you do.
Michael Corwin

Offline Shane

• Administrator
  • "Knowledge should be shared not hidden."
    • View Profile
Re: Windows Repair (the latest version) stops during system file check
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2013, 03:09:12 pm »
The Windows repair tool itself isnt doing the system file check. It calls Windows to do that. And from the log it looks like for some reason it wants to pull a file off the cd.

2013-02-11 16:11:52, Error                 CSI    00000084@2013/2/11:21:11:52.714 (F) d:\win7sp1_gdr\base\wcp\sil\merged\ntu\ntsystem.cpp(2057): Error STATUS_OBJECT_NAME_NOT_FOUND originated in function Windows::Rtl::SystemImplementation::DirectFileSystemProvider::SysCreateFile expression: (null)

Notice the d:\win7sp1_gdr\base\wcp\sil\merged\ntu\ntsystem.cpp

Shane

Offline Michael

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2013, 08:36:59 pm »
Thank you very much Shane. That's curious...d: is one of three partitions on my hd. hmm

Offline Shane

• Administrator
  • "Knowledge should be shared not hidden."
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2013, 10:50:19 am »
That might explain why the SFC is having trouble. You should be able to skip the SFC and continue on with the repairs if you like.

Almost all the repairs do not delete any files, 90% of problems in Windows are in the registry and 90% of the program works in the registry lol. So just make sure to use my reg backup in the program, if you have any trouble just restore the registry with it :wink:

Shane

Offline Michael

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2013, 12:51:33 pm »
Thanks Shane!  :cheesy: