Author Topic: windows repair AIO - registry backup  (Read 6214 times)

Offline Montgomery Minds

• View Profile
windows repair AIO - registry backup
« on: March 11, 2013, 11:04:18 am »
I'm trying to understand the registry backup that is within window repair AIO.  [this is a gr8 program--i donated.]  Where are the files kept?  I installed this on a usb drive and used it on 2 different computers.  It see files in
Code: [Select]
Tweaking.com - Windows Repair\files\regfilesthat appears to be organized by Windows OS version (XP Vista 7 8) but i only ran it on XP and all the others are populated, even 8.
I also see a dir
Code: [Select]
Tweaking.com - Windows Repair\files\system_restore with a similar structure.

So i'm wondering,
  • Can i use this on multiple computers, even if i have to manually rename directories?
  • Does it maintain several backups over time, or just one?  If just one, perhaps i can rename dirs to get multiple?

Offline Shane

• Administrator
  • "Knowledge should be shared not hidden."
    • View Profile
Re: windows repair AIO - registry backup
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2013, 11:39:34 am »
Those folders are for the repair program not for the reg backup. :wink:

The repair program defaults to the Windows drive and a reg backup folder so, C:\RegBackup\

The reg backup program is also separate from the windows repair tool so you can download it and you it how ever you want. I just added it to the repair tool so users have another backup option :-)
http://www.tweaking.com/content/page/registry_backup.html

And yes you can change where it backs up to and when it saves the backup it saves it under a folder by the computer name. So you can backup multiple machines.

The main reason I have it default to the Windows drive is so people can restore it if they cant get into windows, here are some examples. :cheesy:

http://www.tweaking.com/articles/pages/tweaking_com_registry_backup_online_help,3.html

Shane