Author Topic: When computer crashes totally , how to restore the pc with back ups  (Read 6379 times)

Offline jraju

• View Profile
Hi,

I do understand that backups are provided by various softwares to completely take a back of the system as a whole, so when the computer crashes or could not be revived, you can restore the sytem to the  full shape as it was before, without installing the windows once again. How could that be done sir,
how to restore that with booting process including. sir. I surfed the net, but there were confusing too much on the technicalities in the issue. Would you be kind enough if a link is available to get a real and clear idea of how to restore this. Or I would expect, sir, Shane to tell in your crisp words how to do it.
The Bottom line is "Check your hardware first if it supports the task you try".

Offline Shane

• Administrator
  • "Knowledge should be shared not hidden."
    • View Profile
Re: When computer crashes totally , how to restore the pc with back ups
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2013, 07:18:33 pm »
A backup is nothing more than a copy. You never want a backup on the same drive. Because when the drive dies everything on it goes with it, including the backups.

SO instead you get an external drive and have your backup saved there. Then it just comes down to which backup program you want to you. A simple backup can backup all your files but not windows as a whole. Like the free FBackup. So if the system crashed you have to reinstall but you can get your files out of the backup.

Other backup programs that you have to buy, there are many, can backup everything as a whole and allow you to restore the system completely, including Windows.

Shane

Offline jraju

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2013, 09:23:17 pm »
Hi, Thank you for the answer. Could you suggest the best one at cheaper rates. Is this offline software or program or online program. Thank you once again
The Bottom line is "Check your hardware first if it supports the task you try".

Offline Shane

• Administrator
  • "Knowledge should be shared not hidden."
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2013, 06:40:17 pm »
I myself like FBackup, I dont need a backup that always backups Windows as I can always reinstall Windows without any trouble. I only backup what I cant replace :wink:

http://www.fbackup.com/

Shane