Author Topic: windows 8 errors 0x8007064a and 0x80246007 errors on any app updates  (Read 7979 times)

Offline eagle23

• View Profile
Has the issue with the previous version on tweaking.com (v1.9.06) been fixed associated with these errors occurring on windows 8? Any suggestion on how to fix them without a windows refresh. I've been trying all the Microsoft recommended solutions and try their support desk 4 times without success.

Many thanks!

Offline Shane

• Administrator
  • "Knowledge should be shared not hidden."
    • View Profile
Re: windows 8 errors 0x8007064a and 0x80246007 errors on any app updates
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2013, 11:59:09 am »
I had traced it down to the reset registry permissions that caused it. So since that version I have disabled that repair for Windows 8.

The problem is, with over 1 million keys I cant find what reg keys the app store doesnt like touched.

Seems to be some sort of DRM int he app store of very bad programming. As an example if there is a folder missing on the system that the app store needs it will fail, instead of simply making the folder. And I wanted to make a app store repair but of course MS has zero info on what the app store needs to work.

SO far every MS help I have found on it has people using the repair install that is built into Windows 8 now. That seems to be their answer on this. They really rushed the app store and is one of the easiest things to break in Windows.

Shane