Main Forum > General Computer Support

This operation requires an interactive window station

(1/4) > >>

Michael Cervantes:
My sound stopped, I found out that the sound driver were showing problem, I uninstall and try to reinstall, but It doesn’t, driver property shows the follow message.

“This operation requires an interactive window station.”

On top of it I have four updates in Windows Update, that don’t want to install including IE 10.

I found a solution in internet that is to reinstall Windows 7 64 bit that is what I am running, but the problem is that I have to reinstall all my applications, and I don’t want to be reinstalling on and on.

Rick:
Hi,

Step one;
Unistall from device manager, be sure check the box that says software too.. then, it a good idea to simply restart the machine..

Step two;
Did you check to be sure you have the latest drives and software from the mfrs website?

failing that, there are other choices...

Michael Cervantes:
Yes, I did uninstalled several times from Device Manager, but there isn't an option for software too.

Yes, I use latest driver from manufacturer, and also I let Windows to search, in both cases it fail and the message about the interactive window station shows.

Thanks for your time and attention.

Rick:
Do you have the sound software?

Can you check the Identification in the device manager? research the actual device mfr?

Restart in safe mode and try a re-install

References:
It appears that the Windows is trying to load the generic drivers for the sound. I suggest that you install the drivers for the sound using the CD that you would have received with the sound device or login to the manufacturer’s website and then download the exact drivers and download the same.

Try a re-install...

Michael Cervantes:
Rick that is not the problem I bought a new sound card and it doesn't installed also.

Yes, I tried on Save Mode too.

I think that the problem is due to some security change made by Windows Update or IE10 that doesn't want to install also.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version