Author Topic: server not found error and ipv6 to be corrected to true what is the connection  (Read 6566 times)

Offline jraju

• View Profile
I am given ipv4 version and sometimes whenever i browse to some sites, including yours, i got server not found, but if i click the retry button, it goes to it perfectly. Now as a advice in their bug report, i made networkdisable settings to true instead of default false as per their instructions. It seems that i get the link now in the first attempt itself. what ipv6 got to do with firefox settings, and my browsing settings. Pl
The Bottom line is "Check your hardware first if it supports the task you try".

Offline Shane

• Administrator
  • "Knowledge should be shared not hidden."
    • View Profile
IPv6 doesnt have anything to do with it right now since your ISP doesnt hand out IPv6, it only hands out IPv4. That may change a few years down the road.

Some pages not loading and then loading when you hit refresh can happen if you dont have a very stable internet connection and you suffer from a lot of dropped packets.

Shane

Offline jraju

• View Profile
Hi, even after doing it, browsing to your website, i get server error. What is the corrective action. Before, i had never experienced this problem. I disabled java . Could it be one of the reason, sir, I have tried so many times to log in to your website

Offline Shane

• Administrator
  • "Knowledge should be shared not hidden."
    • View Profile
It is hard to tell. It could be one of the nodes that the connection takes to get from your computer to the server, it could be your ISP, could be your computer.

Best way to find out if it is the computer or not is to test with a different computer on the same connection. If it works just fine then it is something on your computer, if it fails as well then your computer is fine and it is something either with your ISP or the router taken to get to the web server. :wink:

Shane

Offline jraju

• View Profile
Hi, Thanks for excellent piece of information. I get to your link in my second try. May it be due to some time out problem. How to set my proxy settings, please should it be default system or no proxy. I am given connection thro my service provider, with dynamic ips