Main Forum > General Computer Support

Can't install certain programs in Windows 7 64 bit - Pls help!!

<< < (3/3)

yamatosoul:

--- Quote from: Shane on May 10, 2012, 03:25:07 pm ---Any error message?

Shane

--- End quote ---
None.  The installer runs very quickly and it says, "Thank you for installing Google Earth".  It never even attempts to connect to the internet.  I have Norton 360 and it seems to be working fine.  The firewall hasn't detected anything.  I shut the whole damned thing off, but it made no difference.  Browsing is no problem.

Shane:
I downloaded google earth and extracted it, it is an msi installer.

Anything in the event viewer? Have you also tried running my repair MSI?

Shane

yamatosoul:

--- Quote from: Shane on May 10, 2012, 03:50:39 pm ---I downloaded google earth and extracted it, it is an msi installer.

Anything in the event viewer? Have you also tried running my repair MSI?

Shane

--- End quote ---
None.  Do you mean your Windows Repair Program?  Of course, that's another one of the first fixes I tried!  Are you kidding me? :smiley:

Shane:
lol
If you ran all the repairs then I know it isn't a permissions problem either. You have disabled any program getting in the way.

What ever the problem, it is deep. And without getting my hands on it I am not sure what the fix is.

When you hit something that is deep, gives no errors and no sign of what the problem is then fixing it is like finding a needle in a hay stack :-)

You do have another option, that should repair it and anything else while keeping all your programs and data.

A Repair install.
http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/3413-repair-install.html

I am heading out the door to take my kids out mothers day shopping. They are all 10 and younger. This should be fun. :wink:

Be back in a while.

Shane

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version