Main Forum > Everything Else

Videocards under 200 €

<< < (2/3) > >>

rocknrollah:
Thanks alot for the information guys. It helped alot, I found out how much Watt I run and all that, thank you very much.

Shane:
No Problem :-)

Shane

rocknrollah:
I was thinking about getting an Asus Radeon HD6670. According to what I read, you should be able to run this card on any computer right? I mean, if you have a PCI Express 2.1 port, which everyone has right? The card I have right now requires that too, so I suppose that's alright. Or do I have to keep other things in mind too? I know I'm kinda, maybe, looking a bit stupid here, but I've always been more into software than hardware and I rather be sure before spending money.

Shane:
Check if the card needs a power connected into it, if it does make sure your power supply has the connection :wink:

Shane

rocknrollah:
I think I'm just going to take it to the shop where I bought and see if they can figure it out.

According to this page:

http://www.geeks3d.com/20110516/tested-asus-radeon-hd-6670-review/6/

The official TDP of the HD 6670 is 66W. But I also read stuff about 92 Watts and 194 watts. And that a PCI Express slot is limited to 75w ? So uhm, yeah, I read that this card should run good on a 300w power supply as far as I can tell. But what about this PCI Express slot being limited to 75w when according to these tests you will need 92?

I could also go to the shop and ask them for advice, but it will also cost me a 30$ extra to have them put it in. But yeah, I suppose if they'll tell me that it will work and they put it in and it doesn't, I should have some guarantee, I hope..

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version