Main Forum > Tweaking.com Support & Help

Registry Backup 2.1.0 - clarification of running as a scheduled task-Solved!

(1/2) > >>

best1syn2oil:
Hi,

I love the idea of backing up the registry at system startup once a day, but when I configure it to run with task scheduler, it opens but has not done anything.  I am unclear about how to set it to run silently, as I have no experience with Task Scheduler.  I am still using XP Home SP3 at the moment.

best1syn2oil:
This is what I get when attempting to Schedule...

Shane:
I tried and tested on my XP in vmware and it created the schedule without any error. The program uses the pcwintech_tasksch.dll file that is in the program folder.

One thing with that dll and xp though is I only tested it on 32 bit XP (Very little people used 64 bit xp) Is your XP 32 bit? I ask because I am trying to fig out why you are getting that error.

You can always create your own task schedule and then when you have it run the program just use /silent with it :wink:

Shane

best1syn2oil:
Shane, I have the 32 bit version.  I had set up the task manually, and the program opens but has not done a backup...not a big deal as I can just do a manual for the day.  Perhaps I did not have the path to the program correct.  If I browse for the exe and add the /silent at the end it should work?

Shane:
Correct, should be like this as an example

"C:\Program Files\Tweaking.com\Registry Backup\TweakingRegistryBackup.exe" /silent

Also when I installed the program fresh I did get the same error as you did, there must be a file missing the dll needs, I will look into that and get it fixed and put out a new version :-)

Shane

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version