Author Topic: Dead/stuck pixels problem  (Read 7341 times)

Offline cilantro

• View Profile
Dead/stuck pixels problem
« on: June 06, 2015, 01:59:15 pm »
This started happening about a week ago. It appears as soon as I turn on the laptop. First it was smaller but every day it keeps spreading and getting bigger. I searched everywhere online and tried different things but nothing fixed it. What should I do about this? Can it even be fixed?

Thanks

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Dead/stuck pixels problem
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2015, 03:19:30 pm »
It could be the Liquid Crystals leaking.

I'm not sure if the marks would be visible with the laptop switched off and a bright light shone onto the screen, but if it is a leak then it means a new screen.

The Desktop pic seems to clearly show something running down from the main part of the patch.

Offline cilantro

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2015, 06:52:23 pm »
I just noticed it's still there even when the screen is turned off. So I guess it could be that. There is no other solution other than replacing the screen?

And how much will it spread?

Thanks!
« Last Edit: June 06, 2015, 06:56:59 pm by cilantro »

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2015, 01:11:20 am »
I'm not sure if a power surge could have caused the ruptures when you are using AC or if the AC adapter could be defective, but I think it would only be a matter of time before the screen became unusable - or the damage could be restricted to just those areas.

While you can change the screen yourself if you are confident in stripping it down - you can Google for the Service Manual or disassembly/replacement instructions for your model - but I'd be inclined to take it in to a reputable repair shop to try and determine the cause.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2015, 01:21:01 am by Boggin »

Offline Shane

• Administrator
  • "Knowledge should be shared not hidden."
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2015, 07:51:01 pm »
If it is still there even with the system is off then it is the screen itself and the only thing you can do is replace it :wink:

So it is hardware related not software, so not a lot you can do about it other than replacing it.

Shane

Offline Rick

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2015, 06:40:07 am »
If it is still there even with the system is off then it is the screen itself and the only thing you can do is replace it :wink:

So it is hardware related not software, so not a lot you can do about it other than replacing it.

Shane

And, dont put anything hot on top of your laptop or leave in car window...