Author Topic: Repairing broken apps in Windows 10 Bug.  (Read 19908 times)

Offline quint

• View Profile
Re: Repairing broken apps in Windows 10 Bug.
« Reply #30 on: May 30, 2016, 08:59:04 PM »
Can't get W10 mail to work. removed app many times... tweak tool hasn't corrected it. When I try to add account (outlook of gmail) it doesn't take.

Offline Amir

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 17, 2018, 09:39:05 PM »
Hi, i used windows repair on my windows 10, 3days ago,  but it broke my windows and my windows didnt turn on at all, 
I get a backup before repair,  and now i instal windows 8 on my laptop to have acces to windows repair to see if i can restore my windows 10,
And i dont know how to do that!
How can i restore windows 10 files from windows 8?

Online Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 18, 2018, 12:30:08 AM »
This is quite an old thread and as it should have been locked 30 days after the last post, I'm not sure how you were able to add to it - but you should have created your own thread in the section above this one.

However, as you are here, you can create Win 10 install media after reading the instructions at https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/software-download/windows10

When you have done that, open Windows Explorer - insert the install media and double click on its drive.

This will effect what is known as a repair install which will reinstall Win 10 but won't affect personal stuff or installed programs.

The process will start if using a DVD but will open to its files if using an USB where you would then double click on setup Application.

This takes about 3˝hrs on my Win 10 laptops.

Which version of the program had you used ?

What you experienced has been found to occur when not using the latest version because of the way Microsoft change the Permissions with subsequent updates, so Shane has to keep updating the program to keep pace with those changes in Win 10.

anything