Author Topic: A very good program to list your drive in tree wise view with all the file size  (Read 2978 times)

Offline jraju

• View Profile
Hi,
     all,
                          I found this interesting tool from the link below:
                                      You could view the tree view of the folders in selected c: or any other drive, and would be amazed at the size of winsxs folder and other folders occupying your drive and also the contents of all the folders with size would  enable to see which files are taking larger and smaller sizes in a drive. If you want to select new drive, then you have to just select the drive in the menu.
                                                 You will like it and it is available for free from this link
https://www.jam-software.de/customers/downloadTrial.php?article_no=80&language=EN&PHPSESSID=cb29uh0kuneh6vaclrhavt5ha2
The Bottom line is "Check your hardware first if it supports the task you try".

Offline Dougcuk

• View Profile
It might be helpful if we actually mentioned the name of the utility
The utility is called TreeSize by Jam-Software
- and has both Freeware and Paid versions

It allows you to see the sizes of individual folders and also complete folder trees on your system
This allows you to understand which folders are consuming significant amounts of disk space
It is best to select the option to add TreeSize to the Windows Explorer Context Menu
That way you can right click on any drive or folder and display the folder tree from that point downward

I have used the free version for many years and install it on all the computers I configure.
The main page for TreeSize Free can be found here: http://www.jam-software.com/treesize_free/
« Last Edit: December 18, 2015, 05:07:48 PM by Dougcuk »
Doug Collins - Computer Support Engineer - London UK

Offline jraju

• View Profile
Hi, I also wish to add that you could easily open log text of windows diagnosis, which in normal would have to be accessed thro navigating to the path and then open. It shows most of the log files which could be easily read in the same place, where you open the Treesize program
The Bottom line is "Check your hardware first if it supports the task you try".

anything