Author Topic: Windows installer could not accessed  (Read 9953 times)

Offline tarvi4

• View Profile
Windows installer could not accessed
« on: February 03, 2016, 09:08:12 am »
Just a heads up, i have tried every command if CMD which is recommended by microsoft.
I am using Windows 7 Professional X64
All the things that start with ms...... etc and /scannow etc to make sure Windows files are correct.
When i try to download java, i get "Windows installer could not accessed, bla blabla error code 1601", this happens if i try to download others things that require windows installer too.
When i try to download something from Microsoft website, I get an error "This computer is not applicable for this update" or smth.
Everything was fine - downloads, games, videos etc the day before the problem occured.
No updates nor anything downloaded before closing the computer.
I tried the regedit thing, to make sure it is working and set on manual etc provided no results.
I have no restore points or images to try.
All options of windows 7 repair disc dont help.
So im done, I have no idea what to do.
Does anyone wiser know, what to do?
Games dont start(minecraft,league of legends etc)
So im basically out of options. Only option i have left, is to throw away my legal windows 7 and install a pirated one.
TL:DR Windows installer cant be accessed, i have tried everything i could find in google, games dont start, no system restores.
HELP
« Last Edit: February 03, 2016, 09:10:05 am by tarvi4 »

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Windows installer could not accessed
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2016, 11:01:11 am »
A couple I've come across for that error and they are -

http://www.howtogeek.com/184374/how-to-fix-the-windows-installer-service-could-not-be-accessed-error-in-windows-7/ - you would need to right click on cmd and select Run as administrator.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/2642495

and if you have already tried those or they don't work, then you can reinstall the service from this article -

http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/236709-services-restore-default-services-windows-7-a.html

Offline tarvi4

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2016, 11:39:45 am »
Im sorry, but none of the above worked.

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2016, 01:48:17 pm »
Are you able to start the service in services.msc ?

If not, in services is Remote Procedure - The RPCSS showing as started and automatic ?

Can you go Start then start to type troubleshooting and press enter when you see Troubleshooting highlighted - click on View all in the upper left pane then click on Windows Update to see what that reports.

Have you tried running the Windows Repair program in Safe Mode with Networking yet ?

I assume you've already run a chkdsk /f ?

A chkdsk /f will also report if you have any bad sectors on the HDD.

If you miss its report then go Start - type eventvwr and press enter.

When it has read the data, expand Windows Logs, click on the name Application - Action - Find then type chkdsk or wininit into the Find box and press enter.

Cancel the Find box and read the report in the scrollable pane and you are looking to see if there are any KBs in bad sectors.

Which antivirus program are you using and have you tried to download anything in Safe Mode with Networking ?

If you are able to do things in that mode but not in normal mode then it can be a sign of an infection, which not being able to download anything is also a symptom of an infection.

If you don't have an antimalware scanner like the free version of MBAM then go Start - type mrt.exe and press enter - accept the UAC and run the default Quick Scan to see if that reports anything.

Offline tarvi4

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2016, 09:58:18 pm »
IMPORTANT! I entered safe mode with networking, the problem persisted. While doing the tweaking full repair, I noticed that 50% of the things that the program did, showed access is denied because the volume is being used by another process etc. I noticed lately that my cpu utilization and ram usage DOUBLES for a good 15 minutes then ends even thought it shows no processes taking all the ram or cpu usage.. I noticed that my system is awfully slow, althought it shouldnt be.

Windows update ran for 30 minutes showing "searching online", but i can update manually. It shows my windows is up to date.
It appears, windows installer runs for 2 minutes then turns off because "Error: 0x80004005 cant connect to server"
Tried running chkdsk today, another problem. It worked yesterday.

Event viewer

« Last Edit: February 03, 2016, 10:35:14 pm by tarvi4 »

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2016, 01:34:45 am »
Can you boot up into the advanced boot options and select Repair your Computer then navigate to the Windows Recovery Environment (WRE), making a note of the OS's location then select Command Prompt.

You need to make a note of the OS location as it may not see it as C:

Enter (assuming C) - dism.exe /image:c:\ /cleanup-image /revertpendingactions

exit (to close the cmd window)

Then Restart.

For the msiInstaller Event ID 1014 it would seem the msiexec.exe cmd should be run in Safe Mode, but as the confirmation is for the Windows Installer service to be running, I'm not sure if that would resolve anything - but give it a go.

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc735564(v=ws.10).aspx

For the .NET Runtime Optimization error, I've seen where updating/reinstalling the Network drivers has stopped that error from appearing.

Go to the driver vendor's support site for those.

For the chkdsk /f that is the standard window you would get after entering that cmd.

Type and enter Y as prompted then enter shutdown /r /t 00 and wait for it to do its thing then view the report as I've previously described.

A chkdsk repair cannot be carried out while the volume is in use - i.e. after you have booted Windows so it must be done on the next restart before Windows loads.

Did you run mrt.exe to check for any infection ?

Offline tarvi4

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2016, 04:57:33 am »
Unfortunately, everything I did what you recommended didn't help, it seemed to make matters even worse.
This windows installer thing is messing with my brain so im just gonna call the IT guy to install a new windows for me.
I did chkdsk, that lead to bad memory pool.
I did the image whatever thing, that caused my computer to not start at all.
I dont know what caused this computer to randomly mess it self up, but I surely wont be using windows 7 ever again!
Even though I couldn't fix the problem, thank you for helping me. I learned alot about fixing stuff etc.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2016, 08:55:22 am by Boggin »

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2016, 08:50:24 am »
The dism cmd shouldn't have caused that.

Does the machine boot up at all ?

If it doesn't, see if it will boot up into the advanced boot options to navigate to the WRE again and try Startup Repair.

If at first that fails, you can run it up to 3 times.

If it does boot up, can you download HDSentinel to see what it reports about the state of your HDD, as a failing HDD can give the bad pool memory error.

Also if the chkdsk finds bad clusters and there isn't enough space on the HDD, you can also get that error.

While this is a paid for program, using the green download button will get you the 30 day trial version.

http://www.hdsentinel.com/

If you do have to take it in, then tell the guy about the bad pool memory error, or log onto the forum so he can see what you have experienced and tried.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2016, 08:57:36 am by Boggin »

Offline tarvi4

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2016, 01:29:14 pm »
Im back, with the problem fixed throught a clean windows 7 install.
I showed him some pictures of my struggles & your suggestions.
He tried to resolve the problems again with no result.
Then eventually, he compared the registry files with his own computer and he found out my Windows files had been tampered(the windows that came with the computer), so a clean windows 7 fixed the problem, but I still had clean my HDD of files to be safe.
He tested the HDD and RAM for anything suspicous with the HDSentinel and found nothing.
So to anyone who reads, if you have the same problem and tried everything to your limits, do a clean windows 7 install or a system restore before the problem occured.

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2016, 02:40:17 pm »
As he had a Win 7 install disk, I'm surprised he didn't do an offboot sfc /scannow which would have compared your system files with those of an incorrupt source, but should the corruption have been because of an infection then the clean install would be the way to go.

Do you still have Win 7 x64 Pro ?

May be a good idea to download Belarc Advisor and make a note of the product key he used for future ref.

http://www.belarc.com/free_download.html

Offline Shane

• Administrator
  • "Knowledge should be shared not hidden."
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2016, 11:54:01 am »
I didnt see, but did you use the windows repair yet? One of the repairs in my program is "Repair MSI (Windows Installer)" But I normally always recommend running all the repairs as you would be surprised how many things in windows are linked together. At the very least run the permissions repair and the register system files along with Repair MSI (Windows Installer).

Shane