Author Topic: This App cannot open with the integrated administator account  (Read 5520 times)

Offline kbal

• View Profile
This App cannot open with the integrated administator account
« on: January 03, 2017, 07:07:54 am »
By running the repair system I get the message:"This App cannot open with the integrated administrator account. Log on with another administrator account".

How do I overcome this problem?

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: This App cannot open with the integrated administator account
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2017, 08:06:22 am »
While you haven't said which version of Windows you are using, give this fix a go.

http://www.bleepingtech.com/windows-8-fix-this-app-cant-open-for-built-in-administrator-account/

Offline kbal

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2017, 09:33:34 am »
Unfortunately following your advice did not solve my problem. I forgot to mention that I use Windows 10 Pro, but strange enough the system information says Windows 10 PRO but my drive says Windows7_OS(C:). I do hope you can help me. This problems is really annoying. I want to run the Tweaking repair system as I cannot update my Windows software. It has been impossible since the installation of windows 10 6 months ago. So, it has never been updated.

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2017, 09:54:05 am »
Scroll down in this blog to see if using the GPE will work for you.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_8-windows_store/app-cant-open-with-built-in-administrator-account/be3c88a8-af06-4bbb-9ac7-1d8fdc53f91c

It's for Win 8/8.1 but I think would work in Win 10 as well, as you have the Pro version and can use the GPE.

If you can download the Win 10 ISO to create either a bootable disk or USB then you can perform a repair install of Win 10 which if you opt for it, will check for updates during the procedure.

A repair install doesn't affect your installed programs or personal stuff, but if the GPE fix doesn't do it for you then you would need to create another admin account to download the ISO and as the repair install is done from within Windows, they require an UAC acceptance.

You can use the Download tool now button in https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/software-download/windows10 which also has an info link in how to do it.

When I perform a repair install, I always first disable all aspects of my Norton Security as it can baulk the second reboot.