Author Topic: Simple system tweaker suggestions  (Read 9589 times)

Offline peereli

• View Profile
Simple system tweaker suggestions
« on: September 20, 2012, 11:20:07 pm »
Hi Shane
Simple system tweaker suggestions:
1.IMHO I think that in the Simple system tweaker program should be pointed out that backing up the registry before tweaking, in fact enables the option to roll back the tweaks made, not so sure that the average user understands that.
2.Adding an option to roll back to windows defaults.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2012, 11:27:46 pm by peereli »

Offline Shane

• Administrator
  • "Knowledge should be shared not hidden."
    • View Profile
Re: Simple system tweaker suggestions
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2012, 11:10:34 am »
Right now unchecking everything and hitting apply puts things back to windows defaults.

As for the option to let the user know they can restore may not be a bad idea as when a very rookie user uses the program they wont know they can restore it.

The only draw back is if a user comes back weeks later and does a restore. It can really mess things up if they have made a lot of changes to the system since then.

Shane

Offline peereli

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2012, 07:36:13 pm »

The only draw back is if a user comes back weeks later and does a restore. It can really mess things up if they have made a lot of changes to the system since then.

Shane
Then I`d limit the ability to restore in this program to say 24 hrs from last change.

Offline Shane

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2012, 02:18:29 pm »
Then I`d limit the ability to restore in this program to say 24 hrs from last change.

Can't really do that either. What happens when say someone runs the tweaks, and then leaves for a few days before they have a chance to try them out. So their system is off. They come back want to restore but the program wont let them.

When it comes down to it you can only do so much. From that point it is up to the user. And most users who actually read things first and normally safe. It is the users who dont read a think and just click ok to everything they see that have the most trouble lol

Shane

Offline peereli

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2012, 08:34:29 pm »

Can't really do that either. What happens when say someone runs the tweaks, and then leaves for a few days before they have a chance to try them out. So their system is off. They come back want to restore but the program wont let them.

When it comes down to it you can only do so much. From that point it is up to the user. And most users who actually read things first and normally safe. It is the users who dont read a think and just click ok to everything they see that have the most trouble lol

Shane
I agree with you, but bearing in mind that those who do not read before they download a program and use it pressing every single button without reading are exactly the same that write bad reviews about programs in any platform possible and make the most damage to the one who worked so hard on a program. I`d point out emphasized warnings somewhere, as to how your programs should be wisely and most effectively used.

Offline Shane

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2012, 03:45:38 pm »
I agree with you, but bearing in mind that those who do not read before they download a program and use it pressing every single button without reading are exactly the same that write bad reviews about programs in any platform possible and make the most damage to the one who worked so hard on a program.

Trust me I have seen some of these people lol. It isnt really the people who dont understand that are the problem ones, because everyone has to learn it first. It is the people who seem to either not care to  learn or are unable to learn that are the biggest problem. That will never change.

So I can only do so much to try and make things easier for those types of people. But when it gets to the point that things start getting in the way of the normal user then that is where I stop. A lot of users dont want or need their hands held from start to finish. :-)

Shane