Author Topic: The Windows Repair-utility unhides the map ProgramData?  (Read 2815 times)

Offline Ruud53

• View Profile
The Windows Repair-utility unhides the map ProgramData?
« on: June 12, 2017, 07:24:45 AM »
Hello,

I am new here and first of all I will thank Shane for his great Windows Repair-utility! It did a good job on my computer, when I used the program.

However, when I checked something on my computer afterwards, I noticed, that the hidden map ProgramData in the C-root was not hidden anymore. I do not know for shure, if it was the situation happened before the program ran, but I ask you, if it could be that your program has anything to do with it. If it is the program, I will ask you to fix this in a new release.

The second question I want to ask is that after running the program, I was confrontated with many action-calls from my Windows 10 64 bit installation. Windows had to reset back permissions, because of the fact, that the new situations made problems in Windows. (o.a. Groove)

My last question:
In the Repairs-tab the program gives tips For the best repair results:

The only reason Windows Safe Mode With Networking is recommended is for when running the "Repair Windows 8 Component Store".
The commands in this repair connect to Microsoft's update servers to download any missing files or updates.

I think you mean with the above mentioned Windows 8 Component Store, Windows 10 too?

Greetings from Holland,

Ruud.

http://www.tweaking.com/forums/Smileys/smillhey/cheesy.png

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: The Windows Repair-utility unhides the map ProgramData?
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2017, 08:58:15 AM »
After I've run the program on one of my Win 10 machines, I also get a number of pop ups about this, that and the other app having been set to default.

That is correct for the Win 10 Store as well but another reason for running the program in Safe Mode with Networking is to isolate any antivirus programs as they can sometimes block the repairs.

I'll ask Shane about that file for you.