Author Topic: volume icon missing, but volume plays microsoft solution guide  (Read 2911 times)

Offline jraju

• View Profile
Hi, i wish to share this with the members. Somehow, for unknown reason or bug, my volume icon in the tray has vanished suddenly. But the sound remains. Whenever i go to the control panel and adjust the place volume icon in the tray button in the sounds and audio settings, there popped error message that Volume icon program not installed. But it is a default installed program.
        I surfed thro all the site for the solution. They had taken the clue from microsoft and published their answers, but none of them worked for there were some mistakes in the command prompt commands.

I went to msoffice site and searched for it and even the fixit could not fix the problem, but it has shown that some problem with the sndvol.exe. file. And hey i have fixed the problem with the article in the microsoft help topic, which is given hereunder
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/319095 method 2 specifically, with the os cd in the drive
The Bottom line is "Check your hardware first if it supports the task you try".