Author Topic: Got a problem I cannot get rid of  (Read 8237 times)

Offline Techone

• Bigfoot fan
    • View Profile
Got a problem I cannot get rid of
« on: January 26, 2015, 08:05:34 am »
 Hello, been awhile since I have been on.
Running Windows 8.1  , HP computer with 1 tet drive and 8 gig ram.
Security on board is Norton Internet Security for 2015
Malwarbytes shareware program.
 This problem when it pops up which is quite often Norton blocks it everytime but I want to get rid of it.  I have scanned with  norton internet security and Malwarbytes,Spyhunter and tried Norton,s Power Erasure.Also ran superantispyware ,  No luck.
  The main one is  sape.Heur.51dp.
Others I have seen but have not seen in awhile are.    sape.sbWatchman.1,  videodownloadersdk.exe and Windisk-Windows-malavida.exe.
  It is strange that my Norton program does not see any of these when I run a full scan. But if any of them pops up, Norton blocks them ?
 One thing about computers, you never get out of the learning curve.    We,ll there you go folks, any idea,s ???  Thanks you if you can help.  Later, Techone

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Got a problem I cannot get rid of
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2015, 08:33:17 am »
A Google hasn't found any info on those, but if Norton blocks them whenever they pop up then they aren't on your computer, so a scan will not find them.

Just to check that you don't have any adware on your computer, run AdwCleaner and then Junkware Removal Tool.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/adwcleaner/

The latter's link is lower down the AdwCleaner page.

For ADW click on Scan and if any items appear in the lower pane, you can uncheck any you want to keep.

When the scan has completed click on Report and that will show if it has found anything and what it will remove.

Close the report then click on Clean where it will produce another report after the reboot.

If it doesn't find anything then click on Uninstall.

JRT takes a bit longer to run and while it produces a report on completion, you don't get a choice in what that will remove.

Offline Techone

• Bigfoot fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2015, 01:13:01 pm »
 Boggin,
    Did everything you told me to and for awhile here, everythings been ok. I did find a program on Beeping.computer that found adware in     ( HitmanPro was program)
 my mail program Incredimail 2.5 .  Do not know if this has anything to do with it. Also ADW.Cleaner did find some garbage which I cleaned up with it.
  I used JRT program but I got the black box and it said cking for updates and underneath a flashing curser. This is as far as I got with it. I waited for awhile but all was quiet.

Where would this  sape.Heur.51dp    be comeing from ?     I,ve never experienced this problem before.

Will keep u folks informed if anything else happens.
   Tks., Techone                 Where I live right now it,s 1 deg,s out.

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2015, 02:01:50 pm »
I've just run JRT and it didn't take long for it to check for updates before it updated - perhaps servers were busy ?

You could always give it another try.

Are you saying that AdwCleaner snagged your e-mail and HitmanPro ?

I use HitmanPro.Alert browser guard, ISP email and gmail but it doesn't snag any of those.

As for sape. - are you visiting any sites in particular when it pops up ?

Offline Shane

• Administrator
  • "Knowledge should be shared not hidden."
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2015, 04:02:36 pm »
I have been finding that a new way these guys are attacking is by install add ons and such into the browsers and running from there instead as a normal program. I have yet to see malwarebytes and a lot of others flag any of them, and I have to go remove them manually.

So now when a customers machine is being cleaned I always go check the add ons in every browser and get rid of the crap ones.

Shane

Offline Techone

• Bigfoot fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2015, 05:03:14 am »
 I would say my problem is solved no more  pop up,s.

ADWcleaner got stuff but it was Hitman Pro that found and removed the one adaware. Either one could have did it.
 If it shows up again in the future I will advise.
 I have yet to retry HRT program. Will do today.

I browse all over the internet mostly military related stuff.    Example this is a lot of info.   http://www.ausairpower.net/.

We,ll thanks again. It,s good to know you folks are there to listen.
 All the Best,
 Techone

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2015, 05:57:17 am »
While AdwCleaner and JRT are specifically designed to remove that sort of stuff, I've found that running JRT after ADW has usually found other bits to remove which is why I advise running both - but glad Hitman Pro come up for you and thanks for the update.

Hope the pending bad weather doesn't hit you too badly - but stay warm.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2015, 06:00:19 am by Boggin »