Author Topic: A very good disc writer reliable one at that and free  (Read 3089 times)

Offline jraju

• View Profile
A very good disc writer reliable one at that and free
« on: March 28, 2013, 08:35:38 PM »
Hi,    I recommend the IMGBURN for burning and other purposes connected with it for copying larger files to cd r cd rw dvd r dvd rw. Particularly for cd dvd r burning , this tool is really good and handy and free to use. It gives tips at every stage and does allow user changes in the software.
        I have tried to  write this with nero, but it is not a free one and earlier versions support only iso 9660 support. But imagburn which i am using is a easy to write burner. The burner has so many features, that even paid version of some of the other software do not have. I have wasted a couple of 8.5 dvds which could not be rewritten.
         I have tried the same with the imgburn and the work has been completed in a matter of minutes without much fuss.
          TIPS i got from imgburn on writing larger files more than 2gb

1 First you have to make two adustments. You have to select udf format from the option menu in the opening screen.
           2. You have to enable add excess file size in the restricted tab in the Advanced tab in the opening screen.
           3.It is better to update to the latest drivers  from the respected  cd drive software
           4. It is a must that you reduce the write speed from the default to 2x which will give smooth writing of the files or folders
           Some of the tips that it will give before starting writing is a very good aspect of this wonderful burner.
           Support is promptly given by them for any issues relating to the product within a day or two.

Detailed guidelines are available at their website
          Attached herewith 3 screen shots for easy writing experience.

Very useful wonderful and free software accomplishing many things.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2013, 06:15:31 AM by jraju »
The Bottom line is "Check your hardware first if it supports the task you try".