Author Topic: Repair "Firewall" Advanced tab  (Read 28348 times)

Offline tony24

• View Profile
Repair "Firewall" Advanced tab
« on: April 15, 2013, 02:39:40 am »
Hi

I was recommended to run your Windows repair v1.9.13, but I still have 2 problems.

1) On the "Advanced" tab of Windows Firewall there is a message:

"The network connection settings have become corrupted. To fix
this, click Restore Defaults. This will delete all of your settings for
Windows Firewall, and it might cause some programs to stop
working."

If I do click on "Restore Defaults" I get a window stating:

"Restoring the defaults settings will delete all settings of Windows Firewall that you have made since Windows as installed. This may cause some programs to stop working. Do you want to continue?"

If I click yes, and refresh the tab, it still has the same error message. So uch for that fix !!!!

2) If I right click on "My Computer" on the Desktop and "Properties" it only shows the amount of RAM, not the computer CPU as it always used to. This worked until very recently.

Tony

If I do click on "Restore Defaults" I get a window stating:

"Restoring the dfault settings will delete all settings of Windows Firewall that you have made since Windows as installed. This may cause some programs to stop working. Do you want tocontinue"

If I click yes, and refresh the tab, it still has the same error message. So uch for that fix !!!!

2) If I right click on "My Computer" on the Desktop and "Properties" it only shows the amount of RAM, not the computer CPU as it always used to. This worked until very recently.

Tony

Offline Shane

• Administrator
  • "Knowledge should be shared not hidden."
    • View Profile
Re: Repair "Firewall" Advanced tab
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2013, 11:51:12 am »
Sounds like the registry permissions are not set right. When you ran my repair tool did you run the reg permissions repair as well?

Shane

Offline tony24

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2013, 12:14:27 pm »
Hi Shane

I have just gone through the step's I did earlier, and the default was to "Reset registry permissions", so yes I did do it. (It was the 1'st checkbox)

Tony

Offline Shane

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2013, 12:17:32 pm »
Both the problems you report have to do with the reading and writing to the registry.

What version of Windows are you on, and did you run the repairs in safe mode or normal mode? (Normal mode is better)

Reason why is With Vista and newer Windows changed a lot of security to the owner "Trusted Installer" which is the system. When you run the repairs in Windows normally they will run under the system account and have access to those keys. In safe mode it cant run as system account and wont be able to change a lot of those keys. :wink:

Shane

Offline tony24

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2013, 01:08:06 pm »
Hi Shane

I am running Windows XP Home 32 bit. I performed the check in normal mode.

Tony

Offline Shane

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2013, 01:50:03 pm »
What tools have you run to check for any infections?

The 3 I normally use are

tdsskiller.exe
combofix.exe
Malware Bytes Anti Root Kit

Shane

Offline tony24

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2013, 10:00:24 pm »
Hi Shane

I have used all three. At present, I don't beleive that I have a virus, but possibly the aftermath of one.

Tony

Offline Shane

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2013, 01:32:14 pm »
OK try this then.

The firewall rules are stored here

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\SharedAccess

Go to that key and export it out for a backup. Then delete that key. Once deleted run my repair tool and it will put it back plus the defaults. See if that gets you going :-)

Right now my repair doesnt delete it, it just simply puts the default values back in, any extras stay. If you want to see what it puts back go to the repair windows program folder and files\regfiles\xp\sharedaccess.reg

I dont have it remove the regkey because it would remove peoples rules they have made, thus making them mad lol. The defaults do the trick when a virus removes the whole key.

Let me know how it goes :-)

Shane

Offline tony24

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2013, 01:53:08 pm »
Hi Shanne

I have followed your instructions, but it is exactly the same as before. I even ran it all a second time, but to no avail.

Tony

Offline Shane

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2013, 01:58:02 pm »
Then the problem is somewhere else.

The firewall relys on WMI heavily. While my WMI repair should have covered that lets make sure WMI is working like it should.

Go to C:\Windows\System32\wbem\Repository

Get a screen shot of the files showing their sizes for me :wink:

Shane

Offline tony24

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2013, 09:10:49 am »
Shane

I have attached a couple of screenshots.

Tony

Offline Shane

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 18, 2013, 11:08:14 pm »
Sorry, forgot XP has it under one more folder, FS. Get me a screen shot like the one from my extra XP system.

Shane

Offline tony24

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 19, 2013, 08:06:41 am »
Shane

I was going to mention that directory "FS" contains no files.

Tony

Offline Shane

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 19, 2013, 10:42:06 am »
Thats the problem then, WMI is totally gone. My repair only rebuilds it it doesnt replace it if it is missing.

I used 7-zip and grabbed the files int he FS folders from my spare XP machine. Extract the files into your FS folder and then reboot and see how things go :-)

Shane

Offline tony24

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 19, 2013, 01:22:30 pm »
Hi Shane

I used a copy of the files from a "Raw" copy of XP that I have on a spare HDD. I put the files in the directory and re booted, but still no good. I clicked on the "Restore defaults" but still no good.

I will re run your program and report back.

Tony

Offline tony24

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 19, 2013, 02:41:31 pm »
Hi Shane

Ran the repair program again, then checked in Firewall but still the same.

I then checked for the files in "FS" and all gone!

I need to check if it is the Windows "Restore defaults" that deletes them.

I will report back.

Tony.

Offline tony24

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 19, 2013, 02:53:13 pm »
Hi Shane

It is running "Repair WMI" on your program that deletes the files.

Tony.

Offline Shane

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 19, 2013, 06:42:22 pm »
My repair destroys the repository and then asks Windows to rebuild it. For some reason Windows isnt able to rebuild it, this is due to something else being wrong with WMI when Windows cant rebuild the repository files.

Go ahead and use the repository I sent you in there for it. Then reboot and do a check for any Windows updates and such. Give the system time to use the new repository files.

Microsofts own help file on WMI has you delete the repository, in case it is corrupted and then run a few commands to have Windows rebuild it.

Shane

Offline tony24

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 21, 2013, 05:38:40 am »
Hi Shane

I have done what you suggested and replaced the files and updated Windows. I keep checking to see if the files are there, and indeed they are, but from the dates, none of them have been used.

The advanced tab still gives the same error. What actually calls for the files?

On a working system of XP, the advanced tab gives a list of connections (Dial up & LAN) where is the file it gets this info from?

Tony

Offline Shane

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 22, 2013, 11:25:50 am »
Ok so WMI doesnt even look like it is working on the system even with the repository back.

My system info tool uses WMI to pull all the system info, lets see if it is able to pull anything :wink:

http://www.tweaking.com/content/page/system_information.html

Shane

Offline tony24

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 22, 2013, 12:08:18 pm »
Hi Shane

Here is the log.

Tony

Code: [Select]
Tweaking.com - System Information v1.0.2

Date: 22/04/2013
Time: 20:03:56

1. Operating System
2. Computer System
3. CPU
4. Drives
5. Drivers
6. Hardware
7. Host File Info
8. Memory (Ram)
9. Network Protocols
10. Processes
11. Proxy Info
12. Services
13. Software
14. Startup Items
15. Suspicious Files

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Operating System (Detail Level: Basic) Start
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Operating System End
2. Computer System (Detail Level: Basic) Start
2. Computer System End
3. CPU (Detail Level: Basic) Start
3. CPU End
4. Drives (Detail Level: Basic) Start
4. Drives End
5. Drivers (Detail Level: Basic) Start
Caption:
Name:
Path Name:
5. Drivers End
6. Hardware (Detail Level: Basic) Start
Caption:
Device ID:
Manufacturer:
Service:
6. Hardware End
7. Host File Info Start (C:\WINDOWS\System32\drivers\etc\hosts)
# Copyright (c) 1993-2009 Microsoft Corp.
#
# This is a sample HOSTS file used by Microsoft TCP/IP for Windows.
#
# This file contains the mappings of IP addresses to host names. Each
# entry should be kept on an individual line. The IP address should
# be placed in the first column followed by the corresponding host name.
# The IP address and the host name should be separated by at least one
# space.
#
# Additionally, comments (such as these) may be inserted on individual
# lines or following the machine name denoted by a '#' symbol.
#
# For example:
#
#      102.54.94.97     rhino.acme.com          # source server
#       38.25.63.10     x.acme.com              # x client host

# localhost name resolution is handled within DNS itself.
# 127.0.0.1       localhost
# ::1             localhost

127.0.0.1       localhost

7. Host File Info End
8. Memory (Ram) (Detail Level: Basic) Start
(Installed Physical Memory Modules)
(Page File Info)
Temp Page File: False
(Memory Stats)
Memory Total: 1.50 GB
Memory Used:: 809.62 MB
Memory Available: 725.17 MB
Process Count: 54
8. Memory (Ram) End
9. Network Protocols (Detail Level: Basic) Start
Name:
Caption:
Description:
9. Network Protocols End
10. Processes (Detail Level: Basic) Start
Name:
CommandLine:
ExecutablePath:
10. Processes End
11. Proxy Info Start
[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings]
ProxyEnable = 0
ProxyServer =
ProxyOverride =
AutoConfigURL =
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings]
ProxyEnable = 0
ProxyServer =
ProxyOverride =
AutoConfigURL =
[HKEY_USERS\S-1-5-21-842925246-1390067357-839522115-1004\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings]
ProxyEnable = 0
ProxyServer =
ProxyOverride =
AutoConfigURL =
11. Proxy Info End
12. Services (Detail Level: Basic) Start
Display Name:
Name:
Description:
Path Name:
State:
12. Services End
13. Software (Detail Level: Basic) Start
Display Name: Adobe Acrobat 6.0 Professional
Display Version: 006.000.000
Install Location: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 6.0\
Publisher: Adobe Systems
Registry Path: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\{AC76BA86-1033-0000-7760-000000000001}
Display Name: Adobe AIR
Display Version: 3.2.0.2070
Install Location: c:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe AIR\
Publisher: Adobe Systems Incorporated
Registry Path: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Adobe AIR
Display Name: Adobe AIR
Display Version: 3.2.0.2070
Install Location: c:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe AIR\
Registry Path: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\{47FA2C44-D148-4DBC-AF60-B91934AA4842}
Display Name: Adobe Flash Player 10 Plugin
Display Version: 10.0.45.2
Install Location:
Registry Path: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Adobe Flash Player Plugin
Display Name: Adobe Flash Player 11 ActiveX
Display Version: 11.2.202.228
Install Location:
Registry Path: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Adobe Flash Player ActiveX
Display Name: Adobe Shockwave Player 11
Display Version: 11
Install Location: C:\WINDOWS\system32\Adobe\
Publisher: Adobe Systems, Inc.
Registry Path: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Adobe Shockwave Player
Display Name: Advanced Audio FX Engine
Display Version:
Install Location:
Publisher:
Registry Path: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Advanced Audio FX Engine
Display Name: Advanced Video FX Engine
Display Version:
Install Location:
Publisher:
Registry Path: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Advanced Video FX Engine
Display Name: AnyDVD
Display Version:
Install Location: C:\Program Files\SlySoft\AnyDVD
Publisher: SlySoft
Registry Path: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\AnyDVD
Display Name: Apple Application Support
Display Version: 1.5.2
Install Location: C:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple\Apple Application Support\
Publisher: Apple Inc.
Registry Path: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\{B3575D00-27EF-49C2-B9E0-14B3D954E992}
Display Name: Apple Mobile Device Support
Display Version: 3.4.1.2
Install Location: C:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\
Registry Path: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\{C23CD6DA-1958-43A5-ADD0-59396572E02E}
Display Name: Apple Software Update
Display Version: 2.1.3.127
Install Location: C:\Program Files\Apple Software Update\
Registry Path: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\{C6579A65-9CAE-4B31-8B6B-3306E0630A66}
Display Name: ArcSoft MediaImpression
Display Version: 1.2.19.436
Install Location: C:\Program Files\ArcSoft\MediaImpression
Publisher: ArcSoft
Registry Path: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\{18472E28-FCA0-421F-BDAC-AC65012E29F2}
Display Name: avast! Ad Blocker
Display Version: 1.0.0.0
Install Location:
Publisher: AVAST Software
Registry Path: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\{021C6667-63D3-4416-B537-865E77F4DF4F}
Display Name: avast! Free Antivirus
Display Version: 8.0.1483.0
Install Location: C:\PROGRA~1\AVASTS~1\Avast
Publisher: AVAST Software
Registry Path: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\avast
Display Name: AXIS Media Control Embedded
Display Version:
Install Location:
Publisher:
Registry Path: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\AXIS Media Control Embedded
Display Name: Belarc Advisor 6.1
Display Version:
Install Location:
Publisher:
Registry Path: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Belarc Advisor 2.0
Display Name: Belkin Power Management Software for Windows
Display Version:
Install Location:
Publisher:
Registry Path: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\{5FFF381C-0FFD-499E-AFD4-CDF423C169D0}
Display Name: BelkinPort Monitor
Display Version:
Install Location:
Publisher:
Registry Path: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\BelkinPort
Display Name: Camera RAW Plug-In for EPSON Creativity Suite
Display Version: 2.2.0.0
Install Location: C:\Program Files\EPSON\Creativity Suite\Common\Module\RawPlugIn2
Publisher:
Registry Path: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\{93EA9C3E-BDFD-4309-A605-9B5BBC0CCEFD}
Display Name: Camera Support Core Library
Display Version: 7.0.3.20
Install Location:
Publisher: Canon
Registry Path: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\{26BDE7D8-93F0-4A07-AD47-1707DB417941}
Display Name: CamTrack
Display Version: 2.3.0
Install Location: C:\Program Files\DigitalPeers\CamTrack\
Publisher: Digital Peers
Registry Path: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\CamTrack_is1
Display Name: Canon Camera Access Library
Display Version: 8.4.0.1
Install Location: C:\Program Files\Canon\CAL
Publisher: Canon Inc.
Registry Path: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\CAL
Display Name: Canon Camera Support Core Library
Display Version: 7.0.3.20
Install Location:
Registry Path: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\InstallShield_{26BDE7D8-93F0-4A07-AD47-1707DB417941}
Display Name: CANON iMAGE GATEWAY Task for ZoomBrowser EX
Display Version: 1.7.0.4
Install Location: C:\Program Files\Canon\ZoomBrowser EX\Program
Registry Path: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\CANON iMAGE GATEWAY Task
Display Name: Canon Internet Library for ZoomBrowser EX
Display Version: 1.6.3.9
Registry Path: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Canon Internet Library for ZoomBrowser EX
Display Name: Canon MovieEdit Task for ZoomBrowser EX
Display Version: 3.0.0.20
Registry Path: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\MovieEditTask
Display Name: Canon PhotoRecord
Display Version: 02.00.00029
Install Location:
Publisher: Cisra
Registry Path: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\{BEF56F2D-56ED-4176-BF72-7B68D4A3B98D}
Display Name: Canon RAW Image Task for ZoomBrowser EX
Display Version: 1.1
Install Location:
Registry Path: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\InstallShield_{68E7E8BD-2233-49BE-81D6-1A1FAF1B5196}
Display Name: Canon RemoteCapture Task for ZoomBrowser EX
Display Version: 1.0.3
Install Location:
Registry Path: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\InstallShield_{CF2C1A86-5A98-4862-A3AE-9992E3A6427D}
Display Name: Canon Utilities CameraWindow
Display Version: 7.2.0.2
Install Location: C:\Program Files\Canon\CameraWindow\CameraWindowLauncher
Registry Path: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\CameraWindowLauncher
Display Name: Canon Utilities CameraWindow DC
Display Version: 7.4.0.9
Install Location: C:\Program Files\Canon\CameraWindow\CameraWindowDC
Registry Path: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\CameraWindowDC
Display Name: Canon Utilities CameraWindow DC_DV 6 for ZoomBrowser EX
Display Version: 6.5.0.3
Install Location: C:\Program Files\Canon\CameraWindow\CameraWindowDVC6
Registry Path: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\CameraWindowDVC6
Display Name: Canon Utilities MyCamera
Display Version: 7.2.0.4
Install Location: C:\Program Files\Canon\CameraWindow\MyCamera
Registry Path: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\MyCamera
Display Name: Canon Utilities MyCamera DC
Display Version: 7.2.0.5
Install Location: C:\Program Files\Canon\CameraWindow\MyCameraDC
Registry Path: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\MyCameraDC
Display Name: Canon Utilities PhotoStitch
Display Version: 3.1.22.46
Install Location: C:\Program Files\Canon\PhotoStitch
Registry Path: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\PhotoStitch
Display Name: Canon Utilities RemoteCapture Task for ZoomBrowser EX
Display Version: 1.8.0.1
Install Location: C:\Program Files\Canon\CameraWindow\RemoteCaptureTask DC
Registry Path: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\RemoteCaptureTask
Display Name: Canon Utilities ZoomBrowser EX
Display Version: 6.3.0.7
Registry Path: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\ZoomBrowser EX
Display Name: Canon ZoomBrowser EX Memory Card Utility
Display Version: 1.2.0.9
Install Location: C:\Program Files\Canon\ZoomBrowser EX MCU
Registry Path: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\ZoomBrowser EX Memory Card Utility
Display Name: CCleaner
Display Version: 4.00
Install Location: C:\Program Files\CCleaner
Publisher: Piriform
Registry Path: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\CCleaner
Display Name: CloneCD
Display Version:
Install Location: C:\Program Files\SlySoft\CloneCD
Publisher: SlySoft
Registry Path: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\CloneCD
Display Name: CloneDVD2
Display Version:
Install Location: C:\Program Files\Elaborate Bytes\CloneDVD2
Publisher: Elaborate Bytes
Registry Path: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\CloneDVD2
Display Name: C-Media 3D Audio
Display Version:
Install Location:
Publisher:
Registry Path: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\C-Media Audio
Display Name: Comparator Fast
Display Version:
Install Location:
Publisher: D.S.M./Interdesigner Software
Registry Path: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Comparator Fast
Display Name: Compatibility Pack for the 2007 Office system
Display Version: 12.0.6514.5001
Install Location:
Publisher: Microsoft Corporation
Registry Path: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\{90120000-0020-0409-0000-0000000FF1CE}
Display Name: ConvertHelper 2.2
Display Version:
Install Location: C:\Program Files\ConvertHelper\
Publisher: DownloadHelper
Registry Path: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\{27CC6AB1-E72B-4179-AF1A-EAE507EBAF51}_is1
Display Name: Corel Paint Shop Pro X
Display Version: 10.0
Install Location: C:\Program Files\Corel\Corel Paint Shop Pro X\
Publisher: Corel Inc
Registry Path: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\{1A15507A-8551-4626-915D-3D5FA095CC1B}
Display Name: Creative Live! Cam Center
Display Version:
Install Location: C:\Program Files\Creative\Creative Live! Cam\Live! Cam Center
Publisher:
Registry Path: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Creative Live! Cam Center
Display Name: Creative Live! Cam Doodling
Display Version:
Install Location:
Publisher:
Registry Path: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Creative Live! Cam Doodling
Display Name: Creative Live! Cam FX Creator
Display Version:
Install Location:
Publisher:
Registry Path: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Creative Live! Cam FX Creator
Display Name: Creative Live! Cam Manager
Display Version:
Install Location: C:\Program Files\Creative\Creative Live! Cam\Live! Cam Manager
Publisher:
Registry Path: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Creative Live! Cam Manager
Display Name: Creative Live! Cam Notebook Ultra Driver (1.03.03.00) 
Display Version:
Install Location:
Publisher:
Registry Path: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Creative VC0130
Display Name: Creative Live! Cam Notebook Ultra User's Guide (English)
Display Version:
Install Location:
Publisher:
Registry Path: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Creative Live! Cam Notebook Ultra User's Guide English
Display Name: Creative Software AutoUpdate
Display Version:
Install Location:
Publisher:
Registry Path: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Creative Software AutoUpdate
« Last Edit: April 22, 2013, 12:11:49 pm by Shane »

Offline Shane

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 22, 2013, 12:12:50 pm »
Well WMI is differently still now working. Tons of info missing. So we know that is where the problem is.

Have you checked to see if the WMI service is running?

And do you have any errors in the event viewer for WMI?

Shane

Offline tony24

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 22, 2013, 01:07:49 pm »
Hi Shane

The WMI service was not running, so I started it. I re checked the files but they stll had not been accessed. I tried the restore deaults and checked again, but no change. I looked in the event viewer and could not find a mention of WMI in application, security or system logs.

Tony

Offline Shane

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 22, 2013, 01:11:04 pm »
Odd, My repair registered all the WMI files, yet Windows still couldnt rebuild the repository on its own, which it should be able to do. So even when we put one back Windows isnt touching it. WMI service starts and we get no errors.

Only thing I can think of is perhaps WMI is missing files it needs. Have you ran a system file check on the system yet? With XP you will need your CD though.

Shane

Offline tony24

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 22, 2013, 01:13:28 pm »
Hi Shane

I have ran SFC /scannow a couple of times, but it never reported anything.

Tony