Author Topic: safe mode access problem  (Read 9510 times)

Offline jraju

• View Profile
safe mode access problem
« on: April 15, 2013, 06:55:07 am »
Hi, I am having windows 7 and i was having problem in accessing safe mode. I ran your specific registry fix item for fixing the problem. The problem got solved and after sometime, it again happened that i could not boot in safe mode. I had some pskill exe , remote admin access trojan and fixed it.i thoroughly checked for rootkits and virus and the computer is clean of virus malware etc. This options i had done in safe mode.

What are the causes for this behaviour. How safe mode could be compromised. Which is the main cause , is it rootkit or virus that is responsible for this behaviour.
         When i use your fix it goes off and i could access. Then comes back after a while. I turned the system restore off while scanning with anti virus
The Bottom line is "Check your hardware first if it supports the task you try".

Offline Shane

• Administrator
  • "Knowledge should be shared not hidden."
    • View Profile
Re: safe mode access problem
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2013, 11:48:59 am »
Safe mode is just a set of regkeys Windows needs to know what to load. A lot of viruses and rootkits have been deleting those keys so users cant go into safe mode to clean their systems.

If yours keeps getting removed then you have an infection still.

Did you try combofix.exe yet?

Shane

Offline jraju

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2013, 06:51:18 pm »
hi, I tried aswmbr by avast. It shows nothing in red lines. You mean to say that it is coming again either thro mbr and recycle bin , that is system restore points.  After this behaviour, i turned off system restore on c:, On all other drives the default is system restore is turned off. But the ps kill exe were found in other drives only. I , did take the risk of resetting of my mbr with aswmbr fixmbr. which is available tool in the windows running normal mode. Now i hope everything would be fine with the system. Did not i mention that avast has deleted more viruses automatically in my posts.
              Why cannot you also include this mbr fix in your registry tool all in one, one of the best tool i ever use

Offline Shane

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2013, 01:04:23 pm »
MBR fix can be dangerous. Thats why I havent added it to my tool.

For example I had a customer who had the whole drive set with encryption because worked required it. Well the MBR is changed for this and of course the MBR fixes crashed his system.

Shane

Offline jraju

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2013, 06:37:12 pm »
Hi, Is mbr is in machine code. But the antivirus is suggesting fixing mbr is a suggestive practice. I know the risk involved. But is there any solution to give the users " that YOUR MBR"has changed by some program. Do You want this program to make changes to the mbr? " so that one could choose "No" to the program and exit. This type of warning is what user want.
                     Please check to see , as most PUP inject damage codes inside the mbr, which is supposed to be safe from intrusion. Even window updates do allow after updates. I am sharing this concern for the modern trend of virus pokers, and programmers who otherwise could do good programs are doing these kind of unwanted research to spoil  the computer to their advantage.
                     Sorry for this long reply. Could i run microsoft malicious tool along with the antivirus. Will they not clash, sir, shane

Offline Shane

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2013, 12:27:00 pm »
I wont add MBR fix as it is to dangerous. My repair tool has to be able to be ran and any and all machines without causing trouble for users. Thats why when you see the change log for the program you will see I am always adding fixes and repairs to have it run as well as possible on all machines :-)

Shane

Offline jraju

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2013, 06:15:05 pm »
Hi, Thank you once again for the reply. Pl expecting reply regarding msoft tool malicious progr tools with avast antivirus with out any issues.

Offline Shane

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2013, 11:10:51 pm »
You sure do ask a lot of questions lol

I am not sure what you are asking/ The MS malicious program tool is just a tool they put out on Windows updates every month. Nothing to worry about you just install it when it comes out is all.

Shane

Offline jraju

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2013, 11:51:31 pm »
Hi, shane, but it is scanning in the back ground and only will say if any thing is affected. I had already , avast, malwarebytes, and malware antiroot kit tool, if we have more programs it may clash, i suppose, so i asked for its use.

Offline Shane

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2013, 12:15:33 pm »
It doesn't scan in the background. It is just a tool they update on the system that you can run if you want to.

Which you can run, in the windows\system32 folder it is mrt.exe

Shane

Offline jraju

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2013, 06:22:18 pm »
Hi, Shane. Thank you. I do not have any question on this.