Author Topic: How to set the jave to automatically update, if installation choice is lost  (Read 6029 times)

Offline jraju

• View Profile
Hi,     In the course of discussion on this forum, the owner has said that updating of flash player an java one could avoid so many program intrusions of virus, trojans and what not. While installing java, i came across the choice of auto updating java. But i ignored it.

How to configure the java runtime to automatically update whenever there is an update. Now i go to their site every time to check for latest java edition . I would be happy if this settings could be made again by accessing the program in the pc. Please hlp
The Bottom line is "Check your hardware first if it supports the task you try".

Offline Shane

• Administrator
  • "Knowledge should be shared not hidden."
    • View Profile
Uninstall java, then go grab the new version and install it :-)

Shane

Offline jraju

• View Profile
Hi, Shri shane, is that the only way. uninstalling and reinstalling . could not we configure it in our pc so that it gets automatically updated like adobe flash player? Sorry for my question

Offline jraju

• View Profile
Hi, i found the answer. It is in their link. It gives us the tool to delete the older versions of java, and also settings to notify before downloading or installing and all other things. I surfed the other sites, and it was a little bit confusing but in java.com , every thing is clear and they have a tool to uninstall any previous versions without manual handlings and updates settings.
Here the llink
http://www.java.com/en/download/help/java_update.xml#sched       
              I value your advice very much that it contains only the words of reply to the question. crisp and grip.So i ask the users of this website to always update their java and adobe flash player when they update their antivirus also. Thank you