Author Topic: Thank You  (Read 5943 times)

Offline VetteAddict

• View Profile
Thank You
« on: April 29, 2013, 07:08:08 pm »
I really need to thank you for making tweaking.com available to the general public Shane. I learned about you when the fixes you recommended on forums actually worked. Generally I am very leery of trying something I have not heard of from a company I have not heard of.

My wife’s W7 computer contracted the Win32/Sirefef!cfg Trojan which shut down her firewall as well as a number of other issues. I was able to remove the virus using the Microsoft Safety Scanner but no matter what I tried I was unable to get the firewall working again. As the two days went by trying one fix after another I finally figured I was going to have to format and re-install the OS. Since I figured I was headed to the re-install anyway I decided to try your Windows Repair (AIO) tool. It of course was successful and I was thrilled with such fast results. I have to also say I appreciated the ability to watch what the program was actually doing. It helped to give me confidence in the potential results. Watching your program I can’t help to wonder why Microsoft hasn’t used your methods since none of their “Fix-its” work.

Thank you again – I will be sharing

Offline ADDroamer

• View Profile
Also, Thank You
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2013, 03:40:07 pm »
I'm not sure this is the proper method of posting, but I've seen it elsewhere - a chain "thank you." I wholeheartedly agree with VetteAddict that you deserve superlative praise for the efforts you put into creating tweaking.com. I've been using X-Setup (abandoned 2010?) which was an excellent program for it's time, and is still useful. However, the scope of applications on tweaking.com is nothing short of extraordinary. As an individual who's trying to keep dozens of old XPs functional for a group of at-risk kids, your programs are critical. Thank you!

Offline Willy2

• View Profile
Re: Thank You
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2013, 09:35:08 am »
@VetteAddict: Microsoft recommended this "Windows Repair AIO" program to its customers.