Author Topic: Windows 8  (Read 6545 times)

Offline KevIndy

• View Profile
Windows 8
« on: May 19, 2013, 07:50:05 am »
I just purchased a brand new Asus Essentio. Not very happy with my purchase. Right out of the box intermittently I get a shaking and fluttering of the window I am in. It could be in IE, Firefox, Microsoft Outlook, etc. It doesn't seem to discriminate when it happens so my guess is that it's a Windows 8 problem. When it happens, I can't go to another web page, can't get to the start menu, can't get to the settings menu on the right hand side. If I close everything, sometimes it fixes itself. Most of the time a reboot is required until the inevitable next time it happens. I tried the Tweaking.com - Windows Repair (All in One), to no avail. I've tried Malware Bytes, SuperAntiSpyware, scanning for a virus. Nothing.

Anyone have any ideas or suggestions?

Offline Shane

• Administrator
  • "Knowledge should be shared not hidden."
    • View Profile
Re: Windows 8
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2013, 10:04:41 am »
It is possible it is a bad video card, so you might have a hardware problem.

Store bought machines all have cloned installs. They do one install and then clone it to all the machines. So unless something went wrong with the cloning the systems normally work out of the box, all though I hate their installs lol.

But it does sound like a hardware problem, could be memory, video, anything. If it is brand new I say just take it back and exchange it and save yourself the headache. :wink:

Shane

Offline KevIndy

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2013, 10:53:36 am »
Thanks for the response Shane! I think I have figured out the problem and it's quite embarrassing.  :omg: You know the white cable they send with the 3 rows of pins that would go from the monitor to the tower? I installed that additional cable and I think that is what was causing it. I removed it and it hasn't happened since!

Offline Shane

• Administrator
  • "Knowledge should be shared not hidden."
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2013, 04:44:14 pm »
ha! At least you found the problem :-)

Shane