Author Topic: Program shuts off right when it comes up on to the screen! Why?!! Help me!  (Read 7817 times)

Offline jZildjianZj

• View Profile
Hi!

Why is it that when I launch this one program that is on a 30 day trial, it turns off right when it comes up on to the screen?  :teeth: The program is Revit 2014, from Autodesk. :smiley:

Yes, I could and probably should go ask on their forums....but Shane is such the man because he has helped me with some other things, I think he can do it again...and quickly!  :wink:

I need to get this resolved rather quickly because I need to start learning the program......rather quickly!

Thank you all for the help in advance!

Best,
Mike

Offline Rick

• View Profile
One reason, it checks your date....

I would, unistall it....

Then search google; how to remove "program name from my system" including all the registry keys

Clean Unistall, then maybe try to re-install it again... but I wouldn't re-install it myself

Just how I would do it :)

Offline jZildjianZj

• View Profile
Thanks for the reply!

I will do just as you mentioned to do. If it works or not, I will let you know!

Mike
 :smiley:

Offline jZildjianZj

• View Profile
Ya know what? I have trials of a few different Autodesk products in my computer; AutoCAD, Inventor, Revit & Showcase.

AutoCAD, Inventor and Revit just disappear when they first come up on the screen. Showcase is fine. Hmmm......

By the way, I have not yet uninstalled the Revit 2014 yet.

My system has been having some issues lately, and I was thinking of just re-doing the hard drive. I'm sick of little stupid issues with this computer. No, it is not an Alienware! ;) Pieces of cr*p......

I tried the "Windows Repair Tool" that is from Tweaking.com, and it isn't making my system any better, anymore. No, I do not have a virus or anything that Malwarebytes has found.

Any other ideas??

Thanks again!

Mike
:)

Offline Rick

• View Profile
For the other issues; I have to ask, did you try re-install them yet?

You might like to try another program that kept me error free for a long time;

like any cleaner, open regedit first and export the whole registry to a USB or offline hard drive...

Then have a try at the Eusing Cleaner
eusing free registry cleaner,

This method should be applied before installing any program... :wink:

Offline Shane

• Administrator
  • "Knowledge should be shared not hidden."
    • View Profile
I have never used that program so I dont have an answer for you. But if it is a trial then it seems like it is detecting that it is past its trial for some reason. Reinstalling it wont fix it if that is the case as trial programs always leave something on the system to remember if the trial is up or not.

Shane