Author Topic: HTML - web content embed broken  (Read 6321 times)

Offline Elektroblb

• View Profile
HTML - web content embed broken
« on: June 29, 2013, 02:50:02 am »
Hi all,

I am running into a very weird issue lately. When ever an app calls for web content, it's either opened in a new browser window, or I get the open/save/cancel dialog.

Examples: Catalyst Control Center, web content opens browser. Avira pop up notifications, open browser instead of modal window. And the worst, I cannot install CCleaner because of this. When it asks if you want to install chrome as your default browser, that also triggers a browser window instead showing the content embedded in the installer. I cannot continue with the installation.

Any idea how to fix this? I tried all possible reg fix tools etc..

-Win7 32bit..

Many thanks in advance,
E.

Offline Shane

• Administrator
  • "Knowledge should be shared not hidden."
    • View Profile
Re: HTML - web content embed broken
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2013, 07:38:42 pm »
Is it Avira doing it?

Sounds like it is your AV causing the trouble. This was one of the reason why I stopped using Avira.

Trying disabling or uninstalling avira and see if the problem still happens. :wink:

Shane

Offline Elektroblb

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2013, 07:43:59 am »
Hi Shane,

Thx for your response. Unfortunately Avira is not the problem. The issue is that instead of the classic Avira notifications (they are quite annoying, but Avira's detection is worth it I think), I get an "open/save/cancel dialog. And this happens with any application that calls for web content.

I could live with it, but certain installers won't let you press 'next' (greyed out) as it's impossible to check/uncheck some install options - cuz they are opened in a new browser window instead within the installer.
I am under the impression that this happens since I used wise registry cleaner, but not sure..

I am not a native speaker and aware that my description might be unclear, hope I managed to point out the real issue with the above txt.

Thanks again n' pls lemme know if you have any idea how to fix this.
E.

Offline Shane

• Administrator
  • "Knowledge should be shared not hidden."
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2013, 03:25:03 pm »
Thats fine, but just for a test uninstall avira, reboot and test it and see how it does.

If you still have the problem then it isnt Avira, if the problem goes away then it is Avira, at least this way we will know for sure :wink:

Shane