Author Topic: Suyin Webcam "Not installed or in use by another" error on windows 7 64 Home Pre  (Read 11965 times)

Offline vicat

• View Profile
Hello,
 I have an integrated webcam that has not  been working for approx 6 months! I have updated the  Suyin driver/software from Gateway.com. It installs with no problems. I have the webcam icon on my toolbar and I am able to open the help menu for the software and directions on how to use the camera. However I can't open the preview window and get an error message "camera not installed or in use by another." In device manager, it shows 1.3 M webcam under imaging devices with no errors and the driver being updated. The driver is not Suyin but  a Microsoft usb video driver 6.1.7601.17514 from 6/21/ 2006? I have done driver scans from multiple sites that show the webcam driver is up to date?
I have a NV53A Gateway laptop with an AMD 4200 Radeon HD Graphic Card which is updated from AMD.com with a 13.1 Cataylst Vision Engine Control Driver for my AMD VGA card. The webcam worked before with AMD updates such as 12.6.
I have windows 7 64 Home Premium SP1      Processor
AMD Phenom(tm) II N830 Triple-Core Processor, 2100 Mhz, 3 Core(s), 3 Logical Processor(s)BIOS Version/Date
Gateway V2.04, 10/25/2010
SMBIOS Version 2.6
Windows Directory C:\Windows
System Directory C:\Windows\system32
Boot Device \Device\HarddiskVolume2
Hardware Abstraction Layer Version = "6.1.7601.17514"
Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 4.00 GB
Total Physical Memory 3.74 GB
Available Physical Memory 1.61 GB
Total Virtual Memory 7.49 GB
Available Virtual Memory 4.74 GB
DirectX:11
Device Manager Info:USB\VID_064E&PID_A219&REV_0215&MI_00
USB\Class_0e&SubClass_03&Prot_00
usbvideo{6bdd1fc6-810f-11d0-bec7-08002be2092f}\0000-driver key
\Device\00000087
000000A4
CM_DEVCAP_REMOVABLE
CM_DEVCAP_SILENTINSTALL
CM_DEVCAP_SURPRISEREMOVALOK
{9d7debbc-c85d-11d1-9eb4-006008c3a19a}-bus type guide
DevNode Status:
0180600A
DN_DRIVER_LOADED
DN_STARTED
DN_DISABLEABLE
DN_REMOVABLE
DN_NT_ENUMERATOR
DN_NT_DRIVER
USB\VID_064E&PID_A219\HF1315-S32B-OV01-VA-R02.01.05- Parent:usbvideo.inf:Microsoft.NTamd64:USBVideo:6.1.7601.17514:usb\class_0e
00FF2002- rank  of installed driver
I hope I provided enough info for you to help me? Everywhere I go I have done what I read, such as uninstall, reinstall, update driver, download from inf file, go to gateway.com,etc...
I don't know if AMD is controlling my webcam? When I click on flash it states no webcam found, the mic is found though. Skype and other sites also say no webcam found. I don't know why I can't install Suyin through device manager?
 The software installed is
UVC 0.6.47.1:VIDEO Web Camera
I have multiple registry entries for suyin from the download such as regedit 5.0 Suyin which by default has this error message in many languages? There is also a USB registry that flashes when installed and a echo@  registry entry too. These are located in the folder in Windows/ Programs/86 under Video Web Camera. What has taken over my webcamera?????
I don't know if I need a BIOS update to fix  this from gateway.com??? I haven't done that because I am unsure and don't want to make this worse. I do find at the gateway site the only update is the webcam which is 1/21/11. The others are the same  from 6/24/2010, which I already have. I bought the computer in 12/2010 new. The webcam was working in 12/13 , for I had a 2 year warranty and no issues .  I think this is a simple fix but I am not an expert, only good at following logical,proper instructions to fix an error.
I'd be grateful and shocked if anyone can help me. I have no viruses and have Norton 360 running all the time and done check-ups with Malware and Superspy. I ran this program as well but I still have the same problem!
 I have another user on my computer which is myself but logged off. If I deleted the other user, would my webcam work or is it my registry, AMD??? I am sooooo frustrated !!!!!! I am confused why device manger states no errors and driver sites find no webcam updates or errors, either. There is no Suyin driver in the driver store and the inf file won't install per device manager?
Thank-you for your time and if you are unable to assist me , please advice where to go. Please let me know if you need more information. I will jump for joy and gladly donate to your paypal for your time, if you can help me! I f I let one have remote access, maybe that will make it easier to resolve this problem??
Kindly,
 Victoria

:cry: :confused: :sad: :omg:

Offline Shane

• Administrator
  • "Knowledge should be shared not hidden."
    • View Profile
Update to the AMD 13.4.

Also I dont think the webcam should have Microsoft drivers. Instead update the drive but tell it you will choose what driver. See if you can load the driver you downloaded that way.

Shane

Offline vicat

• View Profile
Hi Shane,
 Thank-you for replying!! I have tried countless times to install the driver from Suyin  with the inf file through device manager. It won't allow me to!! I have tried many ways, including not allowing microsoft to update/install drivers by turning the update off for drivers. I get a message that there is not a driver found in the file that will work with windows 64?? Makes no sense because camera came installed with laptop which runs win 64 from day 1. The driver is the updated one from gateway.com, as I stated in my prior post. I will update to 13.4, the only reason I haven't done that yet is because I thought it wasn't appropriate for the 4200 series. When I go to AMD.com, it scans my laptop and takes me to the 13.1 download page , not the 13.4. I thought 13.4 was for 5000 and above? I will do it anyway and see what happens?? I have no clue how to force the suyin drivers in device manager except to rewrite the registry inf file. Do you know how I can make the driver change by force??? Device manager also lists each time I install/uninstall as the first time???

This really drives me nuts!! I had no problem updating my realtek sound card drivers from the exe file I unzipped from realtek.com. I did it 2 times with no issues. The driver /software from gateway.com is also a zip file that has an exe with a windows wizard setup that installs with no errors but  the proper driver never installs in device manager!!!! It only installs/reinstalls the microsoft one??? Do you know anyway to help me?? This is a common problem for acer/gateway/emachines for all owned by same company. I have been to many sites since this happened and so many receive this message using the crystal eye webcam, with Chinoy, Suyin or liteon drivers. Why do I have the software but not the driver installed??? I noticed the last  picture taken with the webcam was modified on 12/2/12, taken in 11/12. Webcam must have been taken over by ? on 12/2/12??? I searched computer for that date but don't know if that i relavent or not?? Maybe a policy issue, that is why I used your program to get default policies back. Is it possible that another program's policies are not allowing Suyin webcam to work?

Again, I know this is probably very simple, if I only knew what the problem was or why camera not installed or what application or other is using it?? I tried task manager and that doesn't help. In the startup programs the Suyin Video Webcam has an exe-a   at the end. I know what exe is but what is the -a??? There is a -s after realtek exe in the startup programs but it starts, so I don't worry about it. I don't have the digital options in realtek manager as i did before I updated, but Realtek warns that may occur[prior manufacturer customizations may change] when downloading. Gateway is horrible and has no pertinent updates on their site and the techs don't care!!

I may have to buy a usb webcam but silly because I hAve a built in webcam on my laptop. I have  no laptop issues, spills, loose wiring,etc.. Just poof one day :cry: in 12/12 and webcam had issues??

I hope to hear back.
kindly,
 Victoria

Offline Shane

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Dont worry about the AMD 13.4 then.

For the webcam is there a roll back driver option enabled when you view it?

Shane

Offline vicat

• View Profile
Hi Shane,
I just wrote a long replyfrom  my phone and dont think it posted?
No, there is not an option for a driver rollback. I got a bsod with 13.4  did a restore. No worries,  I am just reading your reply.  So my fault.  I am new to posting , so please correct me , if I do anything wrong:).
I read the inf file for the driver doesn't have enough info to install from a UK site. I  googled driver inf info , that I pasted in my browser. I also read it's for XP? Why would gateway be so sloppy?  The driver prior to the update gives me the same problem as well. I noticed these drivers are not in my driver store?  If I could write/ add to the usbvideo.inf for this driver, maybe it would work? I looked in my regedit and have many entries for Suyin?  I wish you could remotely go into my computer. Let me know what else to do and if ypu are able to help me. I appreciate your time very much!! It is very nice of you to offer your help, to those not as savvy!
Thank you kindly,
Victoria

Offline Shane

• Administrator
    • View Profile
It is always possible the web cam went bad. But there are some other ways to test that first.

Ubuntu is a Linux OS and can be ran off the cd. It has drivers for webcams right off the bat. So one thing to do is to get Ubuntu, boot of the cd and see if it has trouble with the webcam. If it does then the webcam is bad, if it works just fine then it is a driver problem with Windows :-)

http://www.ubuntu.com/download/desktop

Shane