Author Topic: off the wall topic here if any can answer  (Read 8139 times)

Offline Covert_Wolf

• View Profile
off the wall topic here if any can answer
« on: June 30, 2013, 05:27:03 pm »
i have 2 windows important  updates that are NOT marked for d/l .
this happen before and i had marked them , leading to come here to begin with.  last time i d/l the marked , then noticed the ones not, i mark them to d/l . after a week of cascading errors , i finally arrived here to try this program in hopes of any kind of help , other then a format . i had 800,000 @ files that had over 11,000,000 errors.
after a reboot  i had most of the machine back in working order.  now why does this have those 2 updates not auto marked as per usual  ? should i mark them , or not ?  i hate to have the same thing happen all over again
 the update are latest NETframe KB2836940 & KB 2836939, and NET frame was the same thing before . i had to renew all the NEtframes after the last time . as of now they show no problem . but i would like to know the "WHY " they are not auto marked. does that mean anything  to anyone  ?  i think  i remember i saw some message that said the update was not ment for my system the last time, ?  or somtim like dat? do  does anyone know why these updates were not auto mark to d/l  ?

Offline Shane

• Administrator
  • "Knowledge should be shared not hidden."
    • View Profile
Re: off the wall topic here if any can answer
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2013, 05:18:26 pm »
Windows will have them unchecked if they are not highly important but are optional.

You can try installing them again. If you have trouble, there is a .net complete removal tool you can use to fully get rid of .net then install it fresh. That is the best way to get .net working again :wink:

Shane

Offline Covert_Wolf

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2013, 01:10:25 pm »
hi Shane,
 these are important updates  ,  but not marked . not in the optional section .
 yes  i had to get that tool to remove and replace the Net frames , also have the tool to check them?  or is that the same ?cant remember.  i get no reply from MS so far and cant seem to get an answer on other forums . going to leave them unmarked till i can find any info.

Offline Shane

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2013, 03:32:57 pm »
Not sure why they are not checked by default, but you are able to check them correct?

I just did some Windows updates on a few machines for customers and I had .net unchecked by default as well. For some reason that is the way MS is sending them out it seems.

Shane

Offline Covert_Wolf

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2013, 12:18:30 pm »
yes,  i can check them ,  i did that the last time and it messed everything up ?  dunnno why or what it was . after i marked and d/l them  . i went 2 weeks of cascading errors, and ended up here for your tools, as i was unable to use the comp . my NET frames were all messed up , couldn't do anything almost , even in safe mode  messed up. whatever happen ruined most installs of programs , some couldnt install ,cause the NET frames were messed up.
but as i said before, it's the 1st time i ever seen the updated not DEFAULT marked ,  and i think ?  i reremb seeing some pop up saying these updates not ment for my system .  i do go back to DOS 3 days , so i am not all that uninformed on these blasted machines. lol .
PS  i have vista 64 , and couldn't totally renew the ? NET frame 2 ?  as it is part of ?  summtin ,  i ferget what it said

Offline Shane

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2013, 01:23:06 am »
It may or may not have caused the problem, make sure to do a reg backup before hand and give it another try :-)

Shane