Author Topic: Problem of start menu  (Read 6740 times)

Offline tanlow

• View Profile
Problem of start menu
« on: July 01, 2013, 12:02:20 am »
Dear friends,

I have Problem in start menu. it alway appear and blinks without pressing the keyboard. I've tried to repair it by tweaking, but it doesnt work. some files are failed to repair like below,
C:\Windows\System32\config\systemprofile\NetHood - CreateFile Error : 2 The system cannot find the file specified.

C:\Windows\System32\config\systemprofile\PrintHood - CreateFile Error : 2 The system cannot find the file specified.

C:\Windows\System32\config\systemprofile\Recent - CreateFile Error : 2 The system cannot find the file specified.

C:\Windows\System32\config\systemprofile\SendTo - CreateFile Error : 2 The system cannot find the file specified.

C:\Windows\System32\config\systemprofile\Start Menu - CreateFile Error : 2 The system cannot find the file specified.

C:\Windows\System32\config\systemprofile\Templates - CreateFile Error : 2 The system cannot find the file specified.

C:\Windows\System32\config\systemprofile\Documents\My Music - CreateFile Error : 2 The system cannot find the file specified.

C:\Windows\System32\config\systemprofile\Documents\My Pictures - CreateFile Error : 2 The system cannot find the file specified.

C:\Windows\System32\config\systemprofile\Documents\My Videos - CreateFile Error : 2 The system cannot find the file specified.

C:\Windows\SysWOW64\config\systemprofile\NetHood - CreateFile Error : 2 The system cannot find the file specified.

C:\Windows\SysWOW64\config\systemprofile\PrintHood - CreateFile Error : 2 The system cannot find the file specified.

C:\Windows\SysWOW64\config\systemprofile\Recent - CreateFile Error : 2 The system cannot find the file specified.

C:\Windows\SysWOW64\config\systemprofile\SendTo - CreateFile Error : 2 The system cannot find the file specified.

C:\Windows\SysWOW64\config\systemprofile\Start Menu - CreateFile Error : 2 The system cannot find the file specified.

C:\Windows\SysWOW64\config\systemprofile\Templates - CreateFile Error : 2 The system cannot find the file specified.

C:\Windows\SysWOW64\config\systemprofile\Documents\My Music - CreateFile Error : 2 The system cannot find the file specified.

C:\Windows\SysWOW64\config\systemprofile\Documents\My Pictures - CreateFile Error : 2 The system cannot find the file specified.

C:\Windows\SysWOW64\config\systemprofile\Documents\My Videos - CreateFile Error : 2 The system cannot find the file specified.

can someone help me to fix this? I have scan my computer and removed the viruses, but still the same probelm ( using Malware anti malware)

Thank you

Offline Shane

• Administrator
  • "Knowledge should be shared not hidden."
    • View Profile
Re: Problem of start menu
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2013, 05:15:48 pm »
The first thing to do is to find out if it is a problem with the current user profile or a problem with the system as a whole.

To do that create a new user and log in with that account. Does it have the problem as well?

Shane

Offline tanlow

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2013, 09:33:08 pm »
Thanx shane,

I  also try to log in with another account but still have the same problem. what am I suppose to do?

thank you

Offline Shane

• Administrator
  • "Knowledge should be shared not hidden."
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2013, 03:30:01 pm »
OK next thing to try is safe mode. Go into safe mode and see if the start menu works there.

I know when I am installing programs and such and try to open the start menu it will auto close because the setup program is updating things in Windows. By testing it in safe mode we can see if it might be a program running on your system causing it :wink:

Shane