Author Topic: W7 ERRORS ON SLEEP AND HIBER WAKEUP  (Read 12332 times)

Offline FreeCat

• View Profile
W7 ERRORS ON SLEEP AND HIBER WAKEUP
« on: July 03, 2013, 07:03:15 am »
First, I want to thank Shane and the members of this community for all the work and help you have offered to me in the past. 

This is not a dead-in-the-water problem, but I would really like to get it fixed:  When I shutdown the system wakes up fine.  But on sleep or hibernation, the system comes up with "not normal shutdown" message.

I have attached a zip file some screen prints and some error files.  I could have put many more prints and dumps, but they are all pretty much the same so I have sent only two.

Detail:  On waking from sleep or hibernation there is always boot mechanism that says system shutdown not normal, etc.  Plus, of course, I have lost all the stuff that I had open (not lost the data but the windows, positions, etc.) so I now feel I can never shut my machine off or make itslep/hiber.

This happened somewhat under IE8 and I did not want to upgrade to IE9, but the messages whener I used IE8 were alsmot impossible ("safe content warning alsmot every time I moved themouse).  Under IE9 safe-content message only once when I go on to a page.  This is not the problem, I am just mentioning it as this sleep/hiber challenge seems to occur more since IE9. 

Hope you and your family will have a great 4th of July.

Offline Shane

• Administrator
  • "Knowledge should be shared not hidden."
    • View Profile
Re: W7 ERRORS ON SLEEP AND HIBER WAKEUP
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2013, 03:28:35 pm »
Use this tool
http://www.resplendence.com/whocrashed

And see if it says what possibly caused the blue screen :wink:

Shane

Offline FreeCat

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2013, 04:41:51 pm »
Hi Shane,
Thanks.  I really hope you and your wonderful family had a great 4th!

OK, I ran the program and got a long list of results, but at the end it says configure details dump which i have not idea how to do or what to do with it after I ran.  But, you might see something in it so here it is:

Home Edition Notice
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This version of WhoCrashed is free for use at home only. If you would like to use this software at work or in a commercial environment you should get the professional edition of WhoCrashed which also allows analysis of crashdumps on remote drives and computers on the network and offers a range of additional features.

Click here for more information on the professional edition.
Click here to buy the the professional edition of WhoCrashed.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
System Information (local)

computer name: M764-140-DQ320F
windows version: Windows 7 Service Pack 1, 6.1, build: 7601
windows dir: C:\Windows
CPU: GenuineIntel Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU X5570 @ 2.93GHz Intel586, level: 6
16 logical processors, active mask: 65535
RAM: 68716941312 total
VM: 2147352576, free: 1942319104

Crash Dump Analysis

Crash dump directory: C:\Windows\Minidump

Crash dumps are enabled on your computer.

On Thu 7/4/2013 11:50:49 PM GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\070513-45146-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: ntoskrnl.exe (nt+0x75C00)
Bugcheck code: 0x9F (0x3, 0xFFFFFA80327D4060, 0xFFFFF800048B5518, 0xFFFFFA80727EC010)
Error: DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE
file path: C:\Windows\system32\ntoskrnl.exe
product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
company: Microsoft Corporation
description: NT Kernel & System
Bug check description: This bug check indicates that the driver is in an inconsistent or invalid power state.
This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem.
The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time.

On Thu 7/4/2013 11:50:49 PM GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\memory.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: ntkrnlmp.exe (nt!KeBugCheckEx+0x0)
Bugcheck code: 0x9F (0x3, 0xFFFFFA80327D4060, 0xFFFFF800048B5518, 0xFFFFFA80727EC010)
Bug check description: This bug check indicates that the driver is in an inconsistent or invalid power state.
This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem.
The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time.

On Wed 7/3/2013 12:33:34 AM GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\W7 ERRORS ON SLEEP AND HIBERNATION WAKEUP\W7 ERRORS ON SLEEP AND HIBER WAKEUP nb\070313-46082-01.dmp
Bugcheck code: 0x9F (0x3, 0xFFFFFA803376B060, 0xFFFFF80000B9C518, 0xFFFFFA8035F945C0)

On Mon 7/1/2013 11:36:26 PM GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\W7 ERRORS ON SLEEP AND HIBERNATION WAKEUP\W7 ERRORS ON SLEEP AND HIBER WAKEUP nb\070213-48672-01.dmp
Bugcheck code: 0x9F (0x3, 0xFFFFFA806FCB5060, 0xFFFFF80000B9C518, 0xFFFFFA806E77B810)

On Mon 7/1/2013 12:01:44 AM GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\W7 ERRORS ON SLEEP AND HIBERNATION WAKEUP\W7 ERRORS ON SLEEP AND HIBER WAKEUP nb\070113-45474-01.dmp
Bugcheck code: 0x9F (0x3, 0xFFFFFA803286B060, 0xFFFFF800048C4518, 0xFFFFFA80703C2010)

On Sun 6/30/2013 12:07:56 AM GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\W7 ERRORS ON SLEEP AND HIBERNATION WAKEUP\W7 ERRORS ON SLEEP AND HIBER WAKEUP nb\063013-50559-01.dmp
Bugcheck code: 0x9F (0x3, 0xFFFFFA806FBBF060, 0xFFFFF800048B7518, 0xFFFFFA80726C2180)

On Sat 6/29/2013 1:22:20 AM GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\W7 ERRORS ON SLEEP AND HIBERNATION WAKEUP\W7 ERRORS ON SLEEP AND HIBER WAKEUP nb\062913-204860-01.dmp
Bugcheck code: 0x9F (0x3, 0xFFFFFA80342D6060, 0xFFFFF80000B9C518, 0xFFFFFA80708C3B80)

Conclusion

7 crash dumps have been found and analyzed. No offending third party drivers have been found. Consider configuring your system to produce a full memory dump for better analysis.

Read the topic general suggestions for troubleshooting system crashes for more information.

Note that it's not always possible to state with certainty whether a reported driver is actually responsible for crashing your system or that the root cause is in another module. Nonetheless it's suggested you look for updates for the products that these drivers belong to and regularly visit Windows update or enable automatic updates for Windows. In case a piece of malfunctioning hardware is causing trouble, a search with Google on the bug check errors together with the model name and brand of your computer may help you investigate this further.

Offline Shane

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2013, 04:45:27 pm »

You have a driver that is causing it. In fact 90% of recovering from sleep and hibernate is driver related.

The question is which driver?

This doesnt give us much help
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/315249

But some software does install its own drivers as well!

Shane

Offline FreeCat

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2013, 04:48:12 pm »
ALSO, I get and ordinal 62 not found with certain programs but it does not seem to stop anything from running.  Could this be related.  ATTACHMENT

Offline Shane

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2013, 04:49:55 pm »
Shouldnt, that just looks like a dll opera needs and if it is on the system you just need to reregister it.

Shane

Offline FreeCat

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2013, 06:32:44 am »
Hi - I get the ordinal 62 not found on some programs when Opera is not even run and has not run since bootup.  I have completed a search for that DLL and have found it in several places, but I am at a lost as to how to register Ordinal 62.  What is your suggestion, if you have time to look at this?  Thanks.

Offline Shane

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2013, 10:14:23 am »
Here run this reg file. It is what I use on my system. It will give you the option to register dll and ocx files by right clicking on them and choosing it from the menu :-)

Shane

Offline FreeCat

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2013, 01:08:50 pm »
Howdy - Thanks.  Am doing it now, but before my brain was totally engaged and understood what you said:  I double clicked on the ....reg file you posted while it was located in my Y:\ DOWNLOADS NAS drive.  Should I do anything to undo that?

Offline Shane

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2013, 01:25:34 am »
Doesnt matter where it was when you ran it. It just adds a few reg keys to the system to give you the right click option :-)

I use it on all my systems so i dont have to register files from a cmd window lol

Shane

Offline FreeCat

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2013, 02:31:59 pm »
Hi Shane,
Well, I am slowly getting rid of the ordinal not found messages.

On the other note: I got an answer from AMD about the problem; I think I mentioned that this SLEEP/HIBER problem happened when I switched from NVIDIA cards to AMD cards.

They wrote me back (after seeing the Belarc Advisor) that I am missing a whole bunch of MS security updates and still have some NVIDIA driver remnants in Windows.  I can send you the BA if you tell me what email address to use.  They asked if I can test this on a clean system hard drive (which I can not do right now).

I am wondering how I can find those missing security updates (as I have put on all security updates for W7?

I am also wondering how I can get rid of all the NVIDIA traces.

They also mentioned that I have too many apps installed but I have 16 processors and 65GB RAM (with C drive taking up only 430 GB of the 2 TB and D drive empty for backup) so I should be able to have anything I want on this machine.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.  -P
BTW:  Here is what AMD said:

Your service request : SR #{ticketno:[8200549248]} has been reviewed and updated.

Response and Service Request History:

Do you have the option to test the entire scenario on a clean spare hard drive?  You have 22 missing security updates, traces from Nvidia drivers and over approx, 900 applications and software installed.

In order to update this service request, please respond, leaving the service request reference intact.

Best regards,

AMD Global Customer Care

Offline FreeCat

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 14, 2013, 03:45:06 pm »
Maybeeeee solving the sleep/hiber challenge and I will let you know what I did if it works.  In the mean time,  I did one "register" of the "ordinal not found CSCDLL.DLL" challenge and thought that it worked; I was busy  did not pay attention to the message intending to get back to it in a week.

So, a week has passed and I began in earnest to get rid of those messages, but in looking at the responses, there is a more complex challenge with a can not find register server.  DLLREGISTERSERVER NOT FOUND - MESSAGE ATTACHED.

Shane, what is your ida on how to get around this?

Offline Shane

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 15, 2013, 03:50:39 pm »
Dont register the one in the winsxs folder.

And did you remove the rest of the nivida drivers yet?

Shane