Author Topic: Win Store not working after applying the automated tweaks from "Windows Repair"  (Read 5934 times)

Offline Don Bis

• View Profile
Hello Shane,

I have a pretty straightforward question :smiley:

I am running Windows 8 x64 on my laptop at home and I had issues with the Windows Update Agent, so I tried every possible trick I found in MS support forums (in vain) until I came to your "Windows Repair (All in One)" piece of miracle :wink: I believe here is the right place to say BIG THANK YOU, it worked like a charm and now it's all running smooth...

After I rebooted the machine after finishing the automated tweaks though I found out that the Windows store in Windows8 is not able to connect to the internet although I am indeed connected to the internet and browse successfully via home Wi Fi and/or cable LAN. I found numerous threads on possible issues why Windows Store Apps might not run/update or even start (as in my case), but I would go for your piece of advice in first place :wink:

Is there a tweak for resetting the Windows Store automatically, using the "Windows Repair (All in One)" or I will have to do it manually by applying some actions in the registry?

Many thanks for your help in advance :smiley:

Best, Don

Offline Shane

• Administrator
  • "Knowledge should be shared not hidden."
    • View Profile
The Windows app store is by far the easiest thing to break in Windows. You can tell they rushed it out the door.

As an example, when I was looking for a way to do repairs for the App store MS doesn't list a single page on info the app store needs. And if a folder is missing the store needs it will simply fail instead of creating the folder it needs.

Also I had to disable my Reset reg permissions repairs because there is some keys, I haven't found them yet, that if the permissions are touched in any way will cause the app store to fail. And it isnt a permissions issue, it is a "Hey this isnt what I wanted" problem. Most likely some sort of DRM on their part.

SO if even 1 folder or file is missing or any permissions are touched the app store breaks, that easy.

I would love to make a repair for it but Microsoft wont list anything about it. The only answer they give is to do the Windows 8 Refresh. Which so far is the only way to get the app store working again.

I have ran all my repairs on a fresh install of Windows 8 and only the reg permissions was the one to cause any problem. All others worked fine.

I am hoping as time goes on and 8 is out more I can finally start finding what files, folders and regkeys the store needs, then I can make a proper repair for it :-)

Shane