Author Topic: Broken DLL's  (Read 5558 times)

Offline Dusty Van

• View Profile
Broken DLL's
« on: August 03, 2013, 06:43:27 pm »
Yup, I broke it again, good news is I fixed all of it too. Well, except 1 thing. It appears Rundll32.exe got fubar'ed. Looked all over online and all I see is a bunch of sites saying that THEY have the best program to fix all my problems. Sorry, I just don't trust those kind of sites. Looking for information on how to fix/replace "rundll32.exe". Any comments or suggestions are welcome.
Dusty

Win 7 64bit

Offline Shane

• Administrator
  • "Knowledge should be shared not hidden."
    • View Profile
Re: Broken DLL's
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2013, 03:32:09 pm »
You should have 2 of them on your system. One in system32 and the other in syswow64

Here is a screen shot of the size and versions of the ones on my Windows 7 64 bit.

Compare them to yours and let me know if they are different at all. :wink:

Shane

Offline Dusty Van

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2013, 04:54:53 pm »
Yup, they both look the same. I should clarify here: I'm using "Revo Uninstaller Pro" to get rid of an Nvidia extra program (as in not the drivers <grin>) the error message I get is something like "rundll32.exe has stopped working" Do you want to blah blah or blah blah. I need to explore some more cuz I just found another thing that's not working right. I have a service that's running but being reported as not started. Sorry to bother you before I was quite ready to report this stuff. <heavy sigh>. I think I need to look deeper for some infection or other. I'll let ya know
TNX,
Dusty

Offline Shane

• Administrator
  • "Knowledge should be shared not hidden."
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2013, 07:41:45 pm »
Let me know when you have more info :-)

Shane