Author Topic: Advanced System Tweaker 0.9.7 Beta  (Read 8975 times)

Offline Tomas_Sweden

• View Profile
Advanced System Tweaker 0.9.7 Beta
« on: January 29, 2012, 11:53:00 pm »
Hello

Nice program but I have some suggestions  :cheesy:

First I would like the program to be maximazed because its hard to see the detailed
information without have to scroll sideways.

In the changlelog for v0.9.6 Beta you wrote:
"The program now stores what tweaks have been run in the registry. And will color
each tweak in the tree view to show it has been run before. The goal of this is for
users who don't remember what tweaks they have already run."

I use other tweakers and have already tweak some of the tweaks you also have, but in
your program I can't see if they are already tweaked or not. It's a bit confusing to
me.
 Seems that I must enable tweak from your program to show up as a different color?

And why must it be "Enable tweak or "Disable tweak"? It could be only one radio
button if its checked when it's enabled then it's not checked it's disabled.
Or you can have it like now but if its already checked by your program or for example
that you have tweaked in the registry yourself then the text have a black background
or something like that.

It's not easy to remember what other changes I have made ​​in the registry, then it
would be nice to see it on the fly in your program also, saves time.

I will show you a pic of a another program how I would like it to be, not the
appearance, but the whole thing that earlier changes are remebered.
The first time I started this program all the changes I have made myself earlier in the
registry was checked.  And in for example "Waiting time to end services and shutdown
process" that was also the same value in that program like I have changed myself in
the registry.

Also think the minimize and close button are a bit small   :rolleyes:

But I love the "Detailed Information" so I can se what in registry that's changed and
you have some tweaks that other programs dont have.
Also smooth with favorites.

Tomas
Dell Laptop XPS L501X Intel i5-560M(2.66GHz), Win 7 Home Prem(SP1) 64 Bit, 4 GB RAM. Samsung SSD 850 PRO 256 GB.

Offline Shane

• Administrator
  • "Knowledge should be shared not hidden."
    • View Profile
Re: Advanced System Tweaker 0.9.7 Beta
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2012, 12:27:41 pm »
First I would like the program to be maximazed because its hard to see the detailed
information without have to scroll sideways.

I didnt do that yet because of the entire custom interface I did. I will see what I can do :wink:

In the changlelog for v0.9.6 Beta you wrote:
"The program now stores what tweaks have been run in the registry. And will color
each tweak in the tree view to show it has been run before. The goal of this is for
users who don't remember what tweaks they have already run."

I use other tweakers and have already tweak some of the tweaks you also have, but in
your program I can't see if they are already tweaked or not. It's a bit confusing to
me.
 Seems that I must enable tweak from your program to show up as a different color?

This is only for the program. When you click apply on a tweak the program stores that you ran that one. It doesnt check if tweaks have been applied to the system outside the program. That would slow the startup of the program something horrible. Also the program is built as add-ons so no way for the program to know what to check for besides what add-ons have been run.

And why must it be "Enable tweak or "Disable tweak"? It could be only one radio
button if its checked when it's enabled then it's not checked it's disabled.
Or you can have it like now but if its already checked by your program or for example
that you have tweaked in the registry yourself then the text have a black background
or something like that.

If you look at the reg code if you choose enable then it applies the tweak. Disable changes the tweak back to the windows default :wink:

I need to get some videos made showing people how they can make their own add-ons :-)

Also any more add-ons you would like to see let me know. I am getting ready to start making some more and post then in the add-on section in the forums.

Shane

Offline Tomas_Sweden

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2012, 09:19:44 pm »
I didnt do that yet because of the entire custom interface I did. I will see what I can do

Nice  :smiley:

This is only for the program. When you click apply on a tweak the program stores that you ran that one. It doesnt check if tweaks have been applied to the system outside the program. That would slow the startup of the program something horrible.

Ok I didn't know that!

If you look at the reg code if you choose enable then it applies the tweak. Disable changes the tweak back to the windows default

Yes you have changed the "Apply/Run Now" button to "Apply/Run Selected Item".
The goal of this is to avoid confusion if clicking apply runs all tweaks or only the selected one.

Ok then I understand that too!  :wink:

I have one question about add-ons. I don't know the OS supported I only know that it works on win 7, should I only click that it supports win 7? Maybe not so important?

Tomas
Dell Laptop XPS L501X Intel i5-560M(2.66GHz), Win 7 Home Prem(SP1) 64 Bit, 4 GB RAM. Samsung SSD 850 PRO 256 GB.

Offline Shane

• Administrator
  • "Knowledge should be shared not hidden."
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2012, 11:08:17 am »
I have one question about add-ons. I don't know the OS supported I only know that it works on win 7, should I only click that it supports win 7? Maybe not so important?

The program looks at the add-on and what versions of windows it can be ran on. If it isnt meant to run on your version the program will tell you and not run it :wink:

Shane