Author Topic: SFC doesn't start, even with Admin CMD SFC /scannow  (Read 91999 times)

Offline Bubba Euler

• View Profile
Re: SFC doesn't start, even with Admin CMD SFC /scannow
« Reply #25 on: February 04, 2012, 12:38:03 pm »
Shane, I like that even better!  Now, sabre's ready and powder fresh.  Gung Ho into the trenches.   

See you on the other edis...er...side.

Bubba Euler

Offline Bubba Euler

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 05, 2012, 07:34:42 am »
Happy Sunday morning!  I attempted the Repair Install, at first, with the ISO file containing SP1, you sent.  It stopped abruptly, telling me I had to use a non-SP1 CD.  I found one at http://msft-dnl.digitalrivercontent.net/mvista/pub and loaded a CD with the file "X-15-65733.iso".  It worked and installed 98 of 99 Security Updates, yesterday.  This morning another large set of Updates was automatically downloaded and now, several hours later, the CPU clock and the HD access have settled down to normal activity.  Whew!  IT WORKS!!!

I had to run MS Fixit 50123.msi after a manual Update produced error code 8040016.  I hope that'll do it.  It took a long time to run the Fixit.

It says that I have 29 days to register the software with MS. I put in the Sticker ID number during the Repair Install.  System Information still has the original OEM number listed as the license.  I trust all is well and will register itself when it's ready to do so. 

Shane, thank you for helping me through this quagmire.  I'd have been lost without you!

Respectfully yours,

Bubba Euler
[email protected]

Offline friedmonky

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 05, 2012, 08:23:49 am »
I attempted the Repair Install, at first, with the ISO file containing SP1, you sent.  It stopped abruptly, telling me I had to use a non-SP1 CD.

So my thinking was correct afterall.  Glad you got it to work Bubba!  :smiley:

Offline Bubba Euler

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 05, 2012, 10:41:55 am »
One additional thing, so you'll know:  of the three Win 7 Product ID's, the one provided by Belarc was the ONLY ONE MS would accept as valid.  The OS is now licensed and good to go.  Ironically, the System Info. still shows the License ID as the original OEM number.  Ha! 

I installed SP! this morning and I think it's updated and stable.  msconsvw.exe was REAL BUSY for quite a while.

Offline Shane

• Administrator
  • "Knowledge should be shared not hidden."
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 05, 2012, 10:44:59 am »
Good you got it working.

I am surprised that the SP1 cd didn't work. I mean it is an upgrade, why wouldn't it work lol

Oh well now I know for future use :-)

Shane