Author Topic: Repair MSI didn't work  (Read 4944 times)

Offline pnaagar

• View Profile
Repair MSI didn't work
« on: August 23, 2013, 03:13:40 pm »
Hi,

Today i got the chance to run the Repair MSI tool as i was facing some error running an MSI file. the file was downloaded from a website. after running the REPAIR MSI tool, the problem didn't go away. The icon for .msi was also changed to a blank page like icon, I also ran the File association Repair as well, however no luck. POST running the TOOL when i downloaded the file and tried running it, I got the ERROR "APPLICATION removed" and the files wasn't there in the download location. Please suggest what could have been the issue here.

Offline Shane

• Administrator
  • "Knowledge should be shared not hidden."
    • View Profile
Re: Repair MSI didn't work
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2013, 11:49:29 pm »
MSI can become corrupted for some installs. For that I use this little tool here
http://www.softpedia.com/get/Security/Secure-cleaning/Windows-Installer-CleanUp-Utility.shtml

It will let you remove the program from MSI if it is in there. Once removed you will be able to install the program :wink:

I had to use it just today. Had to do a repair on Windows 7. Some of the program in MSI keep popping up it wanted to add files, or I couldnt uninstall. This program let me remove them, then I was able to install and uninstall the problem programs.

Ty it and let me know how it goes :wink:

Shane