Author Topic: win 7 not scanning disk for errors, rebooting-yes, but not onto correct screen  (Read 5438 times)

Offline efkorman716

• View Profile
This has been happening off and on-3-4 times  since I had my win 7 -year 1.  Previously, have done a complete recovery and scanning the disk worked again. It has happened   It started occurring more often and now won't follow through at all.  Cannot do chkdsk, either.  Lately after I startup and right after Microsoft logo comes and goes--I get a dark screen for minutes.
Lately I pressed F8 and clicked on repair my computer and the end result was that I got messaged that the system volume on disk is corrupt.
When I request to scan the disk, it reboots and takes me onto the desktop like every other time.  It just doesn't go to the "right place" to scan the drive.Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.
It lets me know when I run a system health report that certain services are not working.  A whole mismosh of issues.
Ethel K
« Last Edit: September 02, 2013, 08:57:55 pm by efkorman716 »

Offline jraju

• View Profile
Hi, It seems that you are not able to log on to the windows. Is this correct?. I suspect there is some problem in booting. Have you tried to log on to in safe mode. If you could , then download aswmbr.exe from avast and run according to its instructions. If your mbr is affected, it will prompt you to fix the mbr. click the button, if so, and say yes to the warning. If the problem is with mbr, then this will work for you. You have not clearly mentioned that you are not able to get to the windows.
The Bottom line is "Check your hardware first if it supports the task you try".

Offline Shane

• Administrator
  • "Knowledge should be shared not hidden."
    • View Profile
So are you able to boot into windows?

But chkdsk wont work and you getting errors that the volume is corrupted. I think we need to find a way to check for bad sectors as well.

Shane