Author Topic: Icon... ?  (Read 6403 times)

Offline mrwolf71

• View Profile
Icon... ?
« on: October 19, 2013, 02:14:53 am »
It used to be that when I had video files set to open with MPC, they would have the MPC Icon (film production/ 'clapper board' with '123' on it) - this would be when the thumbnails are set to small. But, since my last update, the icon has changed, and is now the same icon seen with MP4 video files.

Anyone know why this is? Anyone know how to switch it back?

Thanks,

Wolf

Offline Shane

• Administrator
  • "Knowledge should be shared not hidden."
    • View Profile
Re: Icon... ?
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2013, 01:52:54 pm »
Right click on one of them and go to "Open With" then click on choose default program. Choose the program you want it to open with and put a check on the box to make it the default, that should take care of it for you :wink:

Shane

Offline mrwolf71

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2013, 10:35:42 pm »
Thanks, but I tried that already (a few times), and it didn't work. Even if I have MPC selected as the default to open a particular file type, those file types still have the MP4 icon, instead of the MPC icon. Like I wrote above, these files used to have the MPC icon, until the last update.

Offline Shane

• Administrator
  • "Knowledge should be shared not hidden."
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2013, 09:54:47 am »
Normally using the open with and setting the default program there will also change the icons, if it does there other way to do it is in the control panel under default programs and then click associate a file type :wink:

Shane