Author Topic: slow load up  (Read 5734 times)

Offline maverick_GE

• View Profile
slow load up
« on: October 20, 2013, 11:15:25 pm »
Hello here,

My trouble is that: today i installed windows 7 ultimate x64 (it has 4 GB RAM , it is with i-3 processor) , i installed all drivers from its manufacturer site, trouble is that when i start PC after manufacturer logo ,,ASUS" screen is black ,,_" is bleeping after few minutes about 2 min windows starts loadings.

what is problem?

can u help me?

thanks in advanced.

Offline Shane

• Administrator
  • "Knowledge should be shared not hidden."
    • View Profile
Re: slow load up
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2013, 09:58:25 am »
When you boot the system and you just see a blinking cursor that means the system is trying to boot off a device, in this case it sounds like it is trying to boot of something before your hard drive.

Go into the bios and make sure your hard drive is the first boot device. I use Asus motherboards, and they do one thing that drives me freaking nuts, if I plug in a external drive the motherboard sets that external drive as the first boot device! I have to go change it in the bios to tell it not to try to boot off my external drive.

Any motherboard that auto changes the start oder of the devices is crazy :tongue:

Shane

Offline maverick_GE

• View Profile
Re: slow load up
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2013, 05:06:19 am »
When you boot the system and you just see a blinking cursor that means the system is trying to boot off a device, in this case it sounds like it is trying to boot of something before your hard drive.

Go into the bios and make sure your hard drive is the first boot device. I use Asus motherboards, and they do one thing that drives me freaking nuts, if I plug in a external drive the motherboard sets that external drive as the first boot device! I have to go change it in the bios to tell it not to try to boot off my external drive.

Any motherboard that auto changes the start oder of the devices is crazy :tongue:

Shane

Thanks shane for replay.

it is also asus motherboard too. i will do as u told me.