Author Topic: Difficullty with installing updates.  (Read 5631 times)

Offline Sludge

• View Profile
Difficullty with installing updates.
« on: October 23, 2013, 03:32:38 pm »
For over the past week, my computer using Windows Vista home premium with Service Pack 2 has been acting strangely with programs failing to load properly or to keep stopping, and my updates, 30, would not install.  I installed your lovely little program, all in one, last night and everything has improved beautifully, but the updates will still not install.  I have tried Microsoft helps and they do not assist.  All last night and most of today all I got was the screen telling me that the updates were at stage 3 of 3 and at 0%.  Can you please assist me with 'nursery language' as I seem to be too old to understand much of the jargon.
Thank you very much in anticipation.
David Sharp.

Offline Shane

• Administrator
  • "Knowledge should be shared not hidden."
    • View Profile
Re: Difficullty with installing updates.
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2013, 07:30:53 pm »
Sorry for the late reply, how are things so far? Is it still stuck at the bootup screen saying step 3 of 3?

Shane

Offline Sludge

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2013, 02:59:41 am »
Yes, still having difficulty.  The 'installing' screen is there all night long, but last night it said it had reached 49%, but would not go any further!  After turning the machine off again it was back to the starting to install screen again, 0%.  Since using your program, though, the machine itself, when I can get it to start, is working beautifully, apart from the installing and updating bit.  Wish I could get it sorted as it is competing with my blood pressure pills!!

Offline Shane

• Administrator
  • "Knowledge should be shared not hidden."
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2013, 04:03:49 pm »
I wonder if it is a certain update that is having trouble. Have you checked the event viewer for any errors that might tell us which update is being a pain?

Shane