Author Topic: 0x8004210A from GoDaddy Email Service "please help"  (Read 20108 times)

Offline Rick

• View Profile
0x8004210A from GoDaddy Email Service "please help"
« on: November 02, 2013, 01:05:56 am »
Receiving' reported error (0x8004210A) : 'The operation timed out waiting for a response from the receiving (POP) server. If you continue to receive this message

Offline Shane

• Administrator
  • "Knowledge should be shared not hidden."
    • View Profile
Re: 0x8004210A from GoDaddy Email Service "please help"
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2013, 03:23:49 am »
Did the problem just start happening or has it been going on for a while?

Shane

Offline Rick

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2013, 10:45:32 pm »
a while now; been waiting the folkes at go daddy to admit they haad a problem and fix it. "but, they seems not to be able too...

Receiving' reported error (0x80042108): 'Outlook is unable to connect to your incoming (POP3) e-mail server. If you continue to receive this message, contact your server administrator or Internet service provider (ISP).'

Receiving' reported error (0x8004210A): 'The operation timed out waiting for a response from the receiving (POP) server. If you continue to receive this message, contact your server administrator or Internet service provider (ISP).'

Receiving' reported error (0x800CCC0F): 'The connection to the server was interrupted.  If this problem continues, contact your server administrator or Internet service provider (ISP).

any good outlook email scanners?

I am using outlook2003, I refuse to upgrade :) to lazy to learn yet another new thing I dont need!

the administrator said he need to login my email account, I told him now way!

I already ran the fixit, but it had no results.

the server in USA, I am in china, I use two systems with 4-5 ID's

anyway, mail down for whole company, and pour website was down too, I learned all the company mail was deleted and the administrator had to recover it... But, I was using outlook for business so it did not affect me.

thanks in advance ~

Offline Rick

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2013, 07:19:52 am »
a while now; been waiting the folkes at go daddy to admit they haad a problem and fix it. "but, they seems not to be able too...

Receiving' reported error (0x80042108): 'Outlook is unable to connect to your incoming (POP3) e-mail server. If you continue to receive this message, contact your server administrator or Internet service provider (ISP).'

Receiving' reported error (0x8004210A): 'The operation timed out waiting for a response from the receiving (POP) server. If you continue to receive this message, contact your server administrator or Internet service provider (ISP).'

Receiving' reported error (0x800CCC0F): 'The connection to the server was interrupted.  If this problem continues, contact your server administrator or Internet service provider (ISP).

I am using outlook2003, I refuse to upgrade :) to lazy to learn yet another new thing I dont need!

anyway, mail down for whole company, and pour website was down too, I learned all the company mail was deleted and the administrator had to recover it... But, I was using outlook for business so it did not affect me.

thanks in advance ~

Well,  here we have a dilemma; My, My, what a great day at the office? heres what tech says; anyone want his email address?
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you want to be arrogant and not try my solution and switch to 2007 outlook I cannot help you and please stop using the Baymedicalcompany.com email.

Manually setting up a email account through outlook does not solve any problem what so ever. STOP acting like you are the end all say all about computers, emails, websites, when half of the information you are telling me is wrong.

FYI I have a Bachelors in International Business with a Minor in Information Technology.

Since you are a computer and email genius please take the time and contact Godaddy yourself by either phone or by email, both contacts are on their website.

I have no such anti virus software. “Hence the problem is originating from there server."

FYI ANTI VIRUS WAS EMBEDED INTO CERTAIN RELEASES OF OUTLOOK so you don't have to have Anti Virus installed on your computer its EMBEDED into the program.

Please stop spamming my email with 10 emails about how you cant work but manage to have 10 other email accounts.

I personally am tired of going back and fourth with you on this subject
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I asked them not to reset my password; so they found another way to do it; heres what they did!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DO YOU NOT READ EMAILS

I clearly have told you a number of times that we moved all of the company emails from Pauls Godaddy account to our own Godaddy account.

SEVERS DID NOT GET CHANGED

Passwords were changed to default setup by Godaddy as password could not be saved.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
here's another reply from the company office tech:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Rick,

While I was on the phone with Godaddy I reviewed your error messages with them. Here is your information which you could have googled instead of arguing and carring on with Paul and Myself.

ERROR CODE 0x8004210A

This problem has been observed in some configurations that use antivirus software to scan e-mail. The products in which this problem occurs may vary. However, these symptoms have been observed in configurations that include Norton Internet Security 2005, Norton AntiVirus 2003, Norton AntiVirus 2002, or McAfee software products.

Information for this can be found not on a forum but on Microsoft website located here http://support.microsoft.com/kb/813518

NOW PLEASE READ ALL OF THIS

I recommend installing office 2007 or newer as I am running 2007 without any problem. If you are unable to get 2007 or higher please log into your email through the following steps.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Shane, I should forward you the emails back and forth to the company office, I need to confirm that moving wha the he said he moved does in fact reset the passwords.

send me an email too the registerd email box: in he header;
please TYPE. Shane from tweeking.com

we need to let MSFT know about this problem...

Thank you.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Offline Rick

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2013, 12:04:19 pm »

thanks in advance ~

Well,  here we have a dilemma; My, My, what a great day at the office? heres what tech says; anyone want his email address?
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you want to be arrogant and not try my solution and switch to 2007 outlook I cannot help you and please stop using the Baymedicalcompany.com email.

Manually setting up a email account through outlook does not solve any problem what so ever. STOP acting like you are the end all say all about computers, emails, websites, when half of the information you are telling me is wrong.

FYI I have a Bachelors in International Business with a Minor in Information Technology.

Since you are a computer and email genius please take the time and contact Godaddy yourself by either phone or by email, both contacts are on their website.

I have no such anti virus software. “Hence the problem is originating from there server."

FYI ANTI VIRUS WAS EMBEDED INTO CERTAIN RELEASES OF OUTLOOK so you don't have to have Anti Virus installed on your computer its EMBEDED into the program.

Please stop spamming my email with 10 emails about how you cant work but manage to have 10 other email accounts.

I personally am tired of going back and fourth with you on this subject
I asked them not to reset my password; so they found another way to do it; heres what they did!

DO YOU NOT READ EMAILS

I clearly have told you a number of times that we moved all of the company emails from Pauls Godaddy account to our own Godaddy account.

SEVERS DID NOT GET CHANGED

Passwords were changed to default setup by Godaddy as password could not be saved.
here's another reply from the company office tech:
Rick,

While I was on the phone with Godaddy I reviewed your error messages with them. Here is your information which you could have googled instead of arguing and carring on with Paul and Myself.

ERROR CODE 0x8004210A

This problem has been observed in some configurations that use antivirus software to scan e-mail. The products in which this problem occurs may vary. However, these symptoms have been observed in configurations that include Norton Internet Security 2005, Norton AntiVirus 2003, Norton AntiVirus 2002, or McAfee software products.

Information for this can be found not on a forum but on Microsoft website located here http://support.microsoft.com/kb/813518

NOW PLEASE READ ALL OF THIS

I recommend installing office 2007 or newer as I am running 2007 without any problem. If you are unable to get 2007 or higher please log into your email through the following steps.

Shane, I should forward you the emails back and forth to the company office, I need to confirm that moving wha the he said he moved does in fact reset the passwords.

send me an email too the registerd email box: in he header;
please TYPE. Shane from tweeking.com

we need to let MSFT know about this problem...

Thank you.

Mitch,

like I said; seems your solution did not work:
Task 'BayMedical-USA - Receiving' reported error (0x8004210A): 'The operation timed out waiting for a response from the receiving (POP) server. If you continue to receive this message, contact your server administrator or Internet service provider (ISP).'

All you did is exactly what I asked you and told you not to do,
You found a way to violate my demand in not resetting my password

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
my my, what a smart ass this guy is;
Let me google that for you since you are not capable of looking up a companies phone number or contact informationhttp://lmgtfy.com/?q=Godaddy+contact+information

Last time I am going to say also; I did speak with them, but as I do not know or have the info from the domain, they WILL NOT TALK WITH ME about fixing this issue. But you know that because they would have asked you!

Offline Shane

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2013, 02:26:13 pm »
Sorry for the late reply bud, been SLAMMED with customers and fixing computers.

Ok first few things we need to check.

1. What port do you have the email checking on? Reason why is some ISP's now block the default ports of 110 and 25 and you have to use SSL and their ports instead, sometimes, this may help to try if you havent yet.

2. Some anti viruses DO try to scan your email and I have seen some cause problems with email clients. What AV do you have and what email client are you using? My self I use thunderbird, most of my business customers use outlook 2007 and such. So I have dealt with this error before on different systems.

Shane

Offline Rick

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2013, 10:20:25 am »
Shane; how about this?

port tester by tweaking.com LOL

Offline Shane

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2013, 12:38:26 pm »
Did you mean to attach something? lol

And dont forget to answer my 2 questions :-)

Shane

Offline Rick

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2013, 04:48:53 pm »
hi, have a look;

http://mxtoolbox.com/public/tools/domainhealth.aspx?filter=97.74.119.78%2f29&source=findmonitors&domain=baymedicalcompany.com

tests ran already; go to the last one;

https
baymedicalcompany.com
HTTPS Certificate Check
The Certificate is invalid
 More Info

-----------------------------------------------

dns
baymedicalcompany.com
DNS Servers are on Different Subnets
Name Servers are on the Same Subnet
 More Info

-----------------------------------------------

smtp
smtp.secureserver.net
SMTP TLS
Warning - Does not support TLS.
 More Info

-------------------------------------------------

smtp
smtp.secureserver.net
SMTP Connection Time
10.193 seconds - Not good! on Connection time
 More Info
-------------------------------------------------------

smtp
smtp.secureserver.net
SMTP Transaction Time
12.160 seconds - Not good! on Transaction Time
 More Info :

We were able to connect to your mail server on port 25 and complete some test commands, but SMTP session  took much longer than expected.  This could indicate that your email server is under heavy load.     It is also possible your server is “tar pitting.”  A tar pit is a technique used by some email servers to slow down spammers. The idea is that legitimate senders will wait longer to establish a connection than spammers will.

now we understands

Offline Rick

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2013, 05:19:30 pm »
Shane;

I do not use a AV currently for email
I note that godaddy is using spam assasin though. but the issue is recieving not in sending...

Hence the term; help us out over here :)

Shane, I am using outlook2003

Alos note that folkes using godaddy might want to know that using SSL ports is useless as goddady's service does not actually support TLS which means messages are not encrypted when sent...

Offline Shane

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 08, 2013, 02:20:15 pm »
Still not giving me the info I need bud lol.

Ok just tell me what AV you have installed on the system.

As for the ports. Open outlook, go to tools and account settings. Edit the settings of the account.

Once there click on "More Settings" then click on the last tab, there you will see what ports outlook is using to talk to the email servers. Post a screenshot of that for me.

What I am doing is every email provider provides different ports to get the email, so they have the SSL ports you can use. I want to see what your using first.

Shane

Offline Rick

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 08, 2013, 05:37:29 pm »
Still not giving me the info I need bud lol.

Ok just tell me what AV you have installed on the system.

no AV, it is open

As for the ports. Open outlook, go to tools and account settings. Edit the settings of the account.

SSL 465

Once there click on "More Settings" then click on the last tab, there you will see what ports outlook is using to talk to the email servers. Post a screenshot of that for me.

What I am doing is every email provider provides different ports to get the email, so they have the SSL ports you can use. I want to see what your using first.

Shane

Offline Shane

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 11, 2013, 12:03:25 pm »
OK so no AV is even installed?

And you told me port 445 which is outgoing port, but you didnt tell me the incoming port.

This is why I ask for a screen shot :wink:

I am more than happy to help bud but I need you to do what I ask :-)

Shane

Offline Rick

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 20, 2013, 10:52:24 pm »

New; 11/21/2013: Hmm, its all relevant my dear watson!
Receiving' reported error (0x800CCC92) : 'Your e-mail server rejected your login. Verify your user name and password in your account properties. Under Tools, click E-mail accounts.  The server responded: -ERR unable to scan $HOME/Maildir'

thanks in advance ~

Offline Rick

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 20, 2013, 10:56:26 pm »

New; 11/21/2013: Hmm, its all relevant my dear watson!
Receiving' reported error (0x800CCC92) : 'Your e-mail server rejected your login. Verify your user name and password in your account properties. Under Tools, click E-mail accounts.  The server responded: -ERR unable to scan $HOME/Maildir'

thanks in advance ~
I hear you, its coming soon.. need to do my daily job for bread and butter too, godaddy don't put any rice on my table and only preventing me from doing my daily job now too...

« Last Edit: November 24, 2013, 01:30:40 am by Rick »

Offline Shane

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 21, 2013, 11:31:57 am »
I myself use thunderbird which I like a lot more than outlook. It can also pull everything from outlook over to it.

Shane