Author Topic: shutdown - restart fix needed!  (Read 5748 times)

Offline Gamezertruth

• View Profile
    • Gamezertruth
shutdown - restart fix needed!
« on: February 16, 2014, 01:25:09 pm »
Shane you probably know that there are viruses targeting shutdown / restart the system feature, causing to Windows system to no shutdown and reboot normally ( :  :thinking:

After you get these infections most simplicity Windows system will be unable to shut down and restart! So this is a problem and we want a fix for it!
However, I had an experience with this problem before and then search Google and found a solution using force shutdown / restart utility for a temporary solution! lol  :tongue:

Offline Gamezertruth

• View Profile
    • Gamezertruth
Re: shutdown - restart fix needed!
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2014, 01:26:43 pm »
my bad  :shy: wrong Section .  :wink: lol

Offline Shane

• Administrator
  • "Knowledge should be shared not hidden."
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2014, 11:51:23 am »
The infections are not stopping Windows from shutting down, and I have seen this happen on normal systems with no infections.

What happens during shutdown is Windows is shutting down all the services and loaded drivers. If a service or driver doesn't respond and never closes Windows just sits there waiting for it.

Instead you can put in a registry key in Windows to auto kill hung programs and services during shutdown. My Simple System Tweaker has that in there.

That will normally help the problem, unless it is a deep hardware driver doing it, but I would try the reg fix first.

There is no program I could make that could doing anything to help that as Windows is is total control so you have to use the reg tweaks for it.

Shane

Offline Gamezertruth

• View Profile
    • Gamezertruth
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2014, 06:55:43 pm »
The infections are not stopping Windows from shutting down, and I have seen this happen on normal systems with no infections.

What happens during shutdown is Windows is shutting down all the services and loaded drivers. If a service or driver doesn't respond and never closes Windows just sits there waiting for it.

Instead you can put in a registry key in Windows to auto kill hung programs and services during shutdown. My Simple System Tweaker has that in there.

That will normally help the problem, unless it is a deep hardware driver doing it, but I would try the reg fix first.

There is no program I could make that could doing anything to help that as Windows is is total control so you have to use the reg tweaks for it.

Shane

Thank you for this information  :smiley: I will give it try  :cheesy: