Author Topic: Registry Backup - backup location  (Read 7312 times)

Offline guybor

• View Profile
Registry Backup - backup location
« on: December 08, 2013, 06:16:44 am »
I am trying to change the setting in the settings.ini file for where the default backup is stored.

I am running registry backup portable off a flash drive and I want it to save to the root of the flash drive under "backups".  I can enter "E:\backup" and it works.  But the flash drive isn't always "E" so I'm trying to set it as "\backup" but that isn't working.

Any suggestions?  Thanks.

Offline guybor

• View Profile
Re: Registry Backup - backup location
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2013, 08:52:36 am »
As an added question, can I specify the backup location straight from a command line?

Offline Shane

• Administrator
  • "Knowledge should be shared not hidden."
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2013, 02:55:45 pm »
As an added question, can I specify the backup location straight from a command line?

No it doesnt. Right now you can take the check off of "Change Backup Location" and it will store the backups in the same folder as the program under a backups folder.

I could see about adding some keywords to use with changing the backup location. Like %CurrentDrive%\Backups where the program will auto change %CurrentDrive% to the drive letter the program is running from :wink:

Shane

Offline guybor

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2013, 03:04:20 pm »
I could see about adding some keywords to use with changing the backup location. Like %CurrentDrive%\Backups where the program will auto change %CurrentDrive% to the drive letter the program is running from :wink:

Shane

Not necessary right now.  I took the route of backing up to the program destination then run a robocopy command to "move" the files to the destination I need them in.

Another question though....I'm running the program in /silent mode.  It does open and run, but it opens minimized.  Is that normal?  Can it be set to open and display on the screen?

Offline Shane

• Administrator
  • "Knowledge should be shared not hidden."
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2013, 03:07:05 pm »
-supersilent (Backups but shows no GUI at all)
-auto (Runs the program, does a backup and then closes, the user can see it as it works.
-silent run the backup minimized.

Shane