Author Topic: Pl include solved to know that the thread has finished  (Read 6540 times)

Offline jraju

• View Profile
Pl include solved to know that the thread has finished
« on: January 01, 2014, 09:46:14 pm »
Hi,
            Shane , I some time go across some of the posts, for which solutions have been given and problems fixed. But If there is a option to mark it as solved, google searcher in general and visitors to this site in particular can see that the thread has completed successively with a accepted/acceptable solution. I found in most of the sites, that this feature is available.
            Suppose, if a person is searching for a computer problem in google, tweaking com also come in the first page of search, if it is with solved, then one can immediately select this link.
            If there already exist, a mechanism, which i am not aware, please let me know how to mark it as solved, if be the thread beginner. The solved may be allowed to be marked by the threader or the admin, you, Mr.shane.
The Bottom line is "Check your hardware first if it supports the task you try".

Offline Shane

• Administrator
  • "Knowledge should be shared not hidden."
    • View Profile
Re: Pl include solved to know that the thread has finished
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2014, 11:54:24 pm »
Yeah that can be helpful, I do agree. I just have to find a add on for this forum software that would allow users to easily do that. They should be able to modify the subject, but a 1 click button would be nice :-)

Shane

Offline jraju

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2014, 12:43:16 am »
http://www.excelforum.com/excel-general/974860-how-to-equally-distribute-the-distributed-from-absolute-cell-among-the-columns-or-rows.html
This thread included mark as solved is included in thread tools,  a thread which i asked an excel query. I came across the design exactly as yours , i will recollect and inform you, sir,
                But the option should be made available only for the thread starter or admin. No one should be able to mark, as otherwise, there is a chance that the thread would have marked as solved. But even when solved, it has to be decided, whethr one can view or add a query to the thread or he should open another thread. This has to be decided
http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=143621.0
Here also the solution seems to be your suggestion of editing the title in your reply to the post.The modify button only applies to your post.sir
« Last Edit: January 02, 2014, 02:42:43 am by jraju »

Offline jraju

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2014, 06:46:59 pm »
Hi, I went to Smf website to analyse how to add a button.
 Since you are a programmer and you could easiy add a button, to enable this feature, so that only admin or the thread owner gets the chance to click this button, to show it as solved. But, this should be yours final power that the problem is solved as notified or clicked by the thread owner. like approving an action by you. It will real boon to other users of searching problem. normally a person searches include "solved" in the beginning as google searches first lists those in their first pages of search engine. Hope you would add to be a boon. But YOU should have the final approval of solved questions