Author Topic: Warnings & Errors  (Read 8896 times)

Offline Lilly2169

• View Profile
Warnings & Errors
« on: February 18, 2012, 09:41:37 pm »
I am attaching a customized view from the Administrative Events in the Event Viewer for issues shown on my system log.  Since running the Windows Repair (All In One) application, I now have several warnings & errors. All pre-repair steps were followed exactly.  No problems were found in the pre-checks.  I have a Lenovo T61 and am running Windows 7 Pro.  From the looks of some of the warnings & errors, some of the system drivers are not working.  I tried to correct the unexpected system shutdowns by adjusting the power settings to never shutdown.  No changes were made as 'never' shutdown was the setting. 

In addition to the system restore points, I also have a full backup on a Seagate External HD and can restore specific files.  I know some warnings are not that bad but the errors are bothersome.  I've also tried to use the Event Viewer online help by drilling down on the event, but get a Windows Script Host error:  Can't find script engine "VBScript" for C:\Users\name\AppData\Local\Temp\tmp2AF6.vbs".

Any advice is much welcome.  Thanks.

Offline Shane

• Administrator
  • "Knowledge should be shared not hidden."
    • View Profile
Re: Warnings & Errors
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2012, 03:31:38 pm »
A lot of the errors don't look to bad and nothing major.

But it is odd that you have some programs crashing, such as DirectX in IE, nvidia control panel and explorer.

All 3 of those can be tied to the video card and the drivers for it.

How have things been that last 24 hours with the system?

Shane

Offline Lilly2169

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2012, 06:29:37 pm »
   I've downloaded/installed an update for NVIDIA and video seems to have cleared up a lot of 'noise'. 
   I had been getting constant script errors in IE.  The Windows website said to disable script debugging for IE and for "other" in the IE settings, Advanced tab.  These were already checked so I decided to uncheck these and save the settings.  I then went back into these and rechecked and resaved.  So far, no more script errors in IE.  However, I am still getting the 'Can't find script engine "VBScript"'.   Would it be safe to restore this (tmp2AF6.vbs) file from a previous backup?
   As for the unexpected system shutdowns, I've not resolved.  These happen as if the machine is going into a normal sleepmode after being idle for an amount of time, although no settings are applied that would cause it.  Any ideas are appreciated.
Thanks.

Offline Shane

• Administrator
  • "Knowledge should be shared not hidden."
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2012, 10:15:44 am »
Ok for the vbscript error this should fix it

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-performance/cant-find-script-engine-vbscript-for-script/960f24d1-bf92-4cec-b73e-520a04891073

And for the crashes at sleepmode, this is always caused by drivers. The next drivers to update are the chipset drivers and any other drivers you have updates for. See if Windows updates offer any driver updates as well :wink:

Shane