Author Topic: Windows 8 Firewall - Would Not Allow Enabling  (Read 4551 times)

Offline crish1

• View Profile
Windows 8 Firewall - Would Not Allow Enabling
« on: January 14, 2014, 03:28:49 pm »
I have been struggling with my windows 8 firewall not allowing me to enable it regardless of what I did. Every time I tried to do it manually, or changing dependency settings, nothing worked. I always got error codes 1068 and MORE! I uninstalled virus programs, called Dell tech support that emailed a file to fix, researched and posted help comments on Microsoft forums… I tried every thing I could find. Even the recommendation above. FINALLY, I found people who were having the exact same problem as me, (which prevents new downloads and updates of apps to your PC). I was directed to this link

http://www.tweaking.com/content/page/windows_repair_all_in_one.html

THANK GOODNESS for this FREE windows repair program!!! It fixed my problem and a couple more. As soon as I restarted my laptop, my apps began updating! I did not do step 1 – 3. I only backed up my info in step 4 and went onto tab START REPAIRS. It took about 30 minutes or so. I am so thankful this is finally fixed. Not even Microsoft was publishing a darn thing on their site to fix. Just admitting they knew it was a problem! Uhhh. Wish I knew about this 6 months ago!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hope this helps someone!