Author Topic: Adobe Flash Problem  (Read 10827 times)

Offline Willy2

• View Profile
Adobe Flash Problem
« on: January 15, 2014, 04:49:56 am »
Adobe Flash gives me headaches. I upgraded from IE 9 to IE 10 and then to IE 11. IE 11 is a "pain in the but" because some programs seem to be killed by IE 11 (Google toolbar & Adobe Flash). Browser kept complaining over and over, that I should update Flash.

The Adobe help forum reported that IE 11 "doesn't like" Adobe Flash 11 (no, not Flash v12). So, I downgraded to IE 10 but even now IE "doesn't like" Flash v12". Tried to remove Flash and re-install but to no avail.

Now some videos do play, some videos don't play and some videos don't play (video) but then sound does work. Weird. don't know what to make of it.

Perhaps upgrading the driver for my AMD graphic chips(et) is part of the problem ?

Offline Gamezertruth

• View Profile
    • Gamezertruth
Re: Adobe Flash Problem
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2014, 08:37:10 am »
Maybe this is a problem with the Flash Player, however there is a problem in playing video even with Firefox 26, but I'm I do not know if this is a problem either browsers or Flash Player!
What are the sites that can not play the video? I think you probably mean a site like YouTube  :thinking:

Offline Shane

• Administrator
  • "Knowledge should be shared not hidden."
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2014, 05:02:54 pm »
One of the reasons I never use IE and I only use firefox lol

Shane

Offline Tomas_Sweden

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2014, 11:58:40 pm »
I have IE 11 and first I tried to install 12.0.0.43 (Plugin-based browsers) but it didn't work.
So I then tried to install Flash Player 12.0.0.38 (Internet Explorer) and it worked!
http://www.adobe.com/products/flashplayer/distribution3.html

Here is the uninstaller for flash player : http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/uninstall-flash-player-windows.html

After you have done an uninstall look in these folders for leftovers: C:\Windows\System32\Macromed\Flash
and for 64-bit system: C:\Windows\SysWOW64\Macromed\Flash. Is there any leftover delete them and then
you can try to install flash player again.  This worked for me!

I have nvidia graphic card.

Tomas
Dell Laptop XPS L501X Intel i5-560M(2.66GHz), Win 7 Home Prem(SP1) 64 Bit, 4 GB RAM. Samsung SSD 850 PRO 256 GB.

Offline Gamezertruth

• View Profile
    • Gamezertruth
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2014, 05:09:23 am »
One of the reasons I never use IE and I only use firefox lol

Shane

Shane Then do you have a problem playing a video on YouTube? if so let my hala back!

Offline Willy2

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2014, 01:49:27 pm »
No Flash problems when using Firefox (FF) ? Well, I've read many a story of people with FF having problems with Flash. But perhaps it's the combination of FF, Flash and some other (less Flash compatible) program(s) that makes Flash malfunction.

E.g., I had installed Apple's Quicktime & Adobe's Flash and a program for playing *.SWF & *.FLV files. When I opened a folder with those *.FLV files CPU would shoot up to over 95%. The only solution was to restart Explorer to get CPU down to normal levels. After a while I discovered that removing QT was the best solution to this problem.

(I don't like QT, it would push CPU up to (very) high levels on my XP machine when playing *.MOV files and the video (not sound) would regularly freeze up.)

Offline Shane

• Administrator
  • "Knowledge should be shared not hidden."
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2014, 10:22:46 am »
I have no problems with flash and firefox what so ever.

Also I keep the amount of add ons and extensions in firefox cleaned up. You would be surprised how many times I go to a customers, they use firefox and there are so many plugins and add ons they ask me why its running so slow lol.

So those people who said they had trouble with flash and firefox may of had other add ons that was actually causing the problem.

Shane

Offline jraju

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2014, 06:00:21 pm »
Hi willy I do not have any problem with adobe flash player in the latest firefox edition.
             Have you downloaded from get adobe.com or some other sites. The internet explorer 11 is the latest and it has so many secured features, that microsoft fixed after so many deliberations.
                Nowadays i come across, adobe flash player is giving headaches, if downloaded from other sites.
The Bottom line is "Check your hardware first if it supports the task you try".

Offline Willy2

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2014, 04:32:19 am »
I personally would like to back to IE 9 but downgrading from IE 10 to IE 9 doesn't give me good functioning IE 9. So, I have to stick with IE 10.

As mentioned above, it must be the combination of a number of installed programs that gives me the problems.

Offline jraju

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2014, 05:15:05 am »
Hi, I have advised you to go to I E 11 for I have read microsoft article that ie8 ,ie9,ie10 had some bugs and they have improved those bugs in ie 11. The IE 11 has been updated only recently and it contains so many fixes for compromising attacks on programs. Please see the improvements over ie 10 in this link
http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/ie/dn269977.aspx
The Bottom line is "Check your hardware first if it supports the task you try".