Author Topic: This is thankfuluser,  (Read 9574 times)

Offline thankfuluser

• View Profile
This is thankfuluser,
« on: January 18, 2014, 05:28:56 pm »
  When i posted earlier i got hung up trying to get the logs from tweeking program and didnt know any other way to get them to you.So,had to do it this way.I couldnt get back into my post.But you know that already most likely .So, here goes .. Alot of the things i mentioned were erased over the past few days from tweaking folder.So im hoping the log can help and there is another one,i just cant remember how i even got this cbs log i didnt sleep all night insomnia.Thanks again for your time much appreciated and your tweaking program. Tim  thankfuluser

Offline jraju

• View Profile
Re: This is thankfuluser,
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2014, 05:40:15 pm »
I Think there are lot of entries in cbs.log, which came out thro sfc scannow. But all are not deciphereable
Use the link and go to the 3rd option to see the useful log to be sent for easy reference.
http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/1538-sfc-scannow-command-system-file-checker.html
The third option pl.
             Whenever a program runs, it stores the log for future reference for technician to know the exact cause of what it tried and why it could not. Please do the third option and see for yourself the limited error entries only
The Bottom line is "Check your hardware first if it supports the task you try".

Offline thankfuluser

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2014, 04:38:20 pm »
 Hi jraju, thank you for getting back to me so fast , i realize the tweeking logs didnt have all i mentioned because they were erased by another program.That wont happen again.I tried alot of what you mentioned already and more. The system update readiness tool, 5 or 6 fixits and most did help in one area or another.But i tried the DISM (%windir%|logs|cbs|cbs.log) in very begining and windows couldnt find path. But DISM did help me get updates back with the DISM.exe/online/cleanup-image/restorehealth . I dont know how my anti-virus software blocked the Tweeking program that night because i shut it down same as other nights ? I will try all steps you suggested again and see what happens this time. One question if you have the time in the next few days .When i was on Microsoft site it told me 4.5.1 was not for my computer ? After my first restore attempt , i used system image i think thats why no user info is mentioned in Tweeking program.But all the builds for frame works were gone in my program  uninstall area and one i tried to repair the active x  program and a window came up telling me to find the file ,like theres no association there. Then windows update sent framework 4 and 4.5.1 but 4 never got in.??? Thanks i will let you know how i do. Thankfuluser.

Offline Shane

• Administrator
  • "Knowledge should be shared not hidden."
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2014, 10:48:45 am »
What exact problems are you have still? And what version of Windows are you on?

Shane

Offline thankfuluser

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2014, 10:46:11 am »
 Hi, sorry i wasn't able to get back to you as quick as you got back to me Shane.First i just want to tell you i bought the 3 disks for my Asus Essentio Desktop cm 1730-01 . I'm running Windows 7 sp1 64 bit. I think my worst problem now is When i run sfc /scannow and system checker The scan only runs in read mode because it says F parameter not specified on system checker read mode only.So i don't believe anything i do in windows now will fix.I've run Diagnostic tools, and did just about everything except take new files from downloaded Win 7 sp 1 64 bit ISO . Besides F Parameter, i have no cross reparse point from tweaking program,also ive tried everything even shut Avast off in services but somehow it blocks your program. Missing Microsoft xml parser ,tweaking program saying modify access controls lists on object %WINDIR%\assembly see if applicable file folder c:\Windows\assembly has an explicit ACE set and needs to be fixed.Also Windows\assembly temp has explicit ACE .Windows\assembly GAC_MSIL\IEEXEC Remote has explicit ACE set. Two more things and i think thats it Shane. ICS not started call to get named security failed,set ACL reading for SD failed cannot find file specified and Windows\system32\WOW 6432 node contains wild card. Last but not least,just past 2 days this has come up on monitor right after windows opens, [Shell class info] localized\resource name z @%System Root% \system 32\shell32.dll,-21787.Thats it and enough problems for sure, but with all those problems my computer still running and i can do what i want on it still ? But i did have like 332 errors in one day on event viewer.I know thats alot and i probably should have just listed exact problems.But i always do this. So, if you think i should just do my re-install with three disks , maybe you can tell me the best way to do.Disks come with no info whatsoever from US.ESTORE.ASUS.Com . Thats the only place i was able to get in this country. I had to get disks because Microsofts remote help in past installed Win & over my ASUS section on partition. Thank you for any help and thanks for getting back to me so quick before. Thankfuluser.

Offline Shane

• Administrator
  • "Knowledge should be shared not hidden."
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2014, 05:26:11 pm »
Dont use the restore disks just yet, it puts everything back to the way things where when you bought the system and you can lose your files.

Instead lets try a repair install before that to see how it does.

First you need a Windows 7 disk with SP1 already on it, you can grab that here and burn the disk image with the imgburn program
https://sites.google.com/site/linuxlablibrary/windows-iso

Then just follow this :-)
http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/3413-repair-install.html

Shane