Author Topic: Problem after running "Restore Important Windows Services"  (Read 6243 times)

Offline dvdbane

• View Profile
Problem after running "Restore Important Windows Services"
« on: January 25, 2014, 10:50:05 am »
the original problem would be i wasn't able to start Secure Socket Tunnelling Protocol and Remote Access Connection Manager services
not due to malware infection but a 3rd party uninstaller software
my bad,i wasn't paying any attention when doing the uninstall like i normally do
the laptop running fine but were unable to add 3g modem to Network Connection listing...only install the driver but cannot connect
wifi and ethernet also fine
i was able to start SSTP but not RACM(missing file error eventhough the file is there)

tried your tool just for fun and the result bootloop with the same notification
first thing happen DCOM Server Process Launcher/Power/PnP services terminated which result to auto shutdown
By using MyEvenViewer, i see some error like
- windows update terminated - the class is configured to run as a security id different from the caller

from log,
- error : the system cannot find the file specified
- the file or directory is not a reparse point

the problem still happen even when running with diagnostic startup, no problem with safe mode
i can revert back by using system restore but i thought better if i ask you if its only happen due to the missing registry entries deleted by the uninstaller
is there anything you need that might help to resolve this problem or at least improve the fix?

additional info : i've run these fixes before i run restore important windows services fix
-file and registry permission fix = success with exception to skipped entries and blocked entries(kaspersky)
-wmi
-registry system file

windows 7 sp1 x86
last update january
av - KIS 2013

p/s : sorry to say but verification really suck..even audio doesn't help much..haha
« Last Edit: January 25, 2014, 10:54:13 am by dvdbane »

Offline Shane

• Administrator
  • "Knowledge should be shared not hidden."
    • View Profile
Re: Problem after running "Restore Important Windows Services"
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2014, 03:23:15 pm »
Odd, never seen those problems and the restore service repair doesnt restore all services, but I do plan on adding more and more services.

You can see every service it puts back in the files folder under reg files.

Do you know what keys where removed by the uninstaller?

Shane